Disabling shadow casting on landscape foliage has no effect

Summary

I have tried to disable shadow casting on my landscape foliage but it doesnt disable no matter what combination of settings I use

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Assets

Steps to Reproduce

  • Have a Landscape Material with automatic foliage placed on it
  • Make sure to use a default/provided Day Sequence Actor from the World Settings tab
  • Turn off shadow casting settings in your LGT
  • Make sure your global UEFN shadow scalability settings are set to High, Epic, or Cinematic
  • You will see shadows no matter what settings you put or change on your landscape grass.

Expected Result

Shadows should stop casting when shadow casting is turned off inside your LGT

Observed Result

Shadows cast no matter what settings you change on your LGT

Platform(s)

PC

Upload an image

Additional Notes

This issue is caused by the default, uneditable UEFN Day Sequence Actors having “Contact Shadow Non Casting Intensity” set very high, which effectively forces everything to have shadows, even if they have them turned off. (Via AllyJax)

This is a repeat post of an older post I already made because it was incorrectly moved to the Feedback and requests category. This is not feedback; this is a bug. If I disable shadow casting on something, it should disable shadow casting.

1 Like