Disable VDB culling

Hi

I have a Heterogeneous Actor with material showing an imported VDB in unreal 5.3

At a distance, the loaded volume starts to disappear, which I do not want.
The vdb must be visible at any distance.

I have disabled the occlusion culling in the rendering settings but no luck.
Also checked the “Never Distance cull” in the Heterogeneous Actor settings.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

ok
I have found it

r.HeterogeneousVolumes.MaxTraceDistance 1000000 (or any big number)

Hello, I’m a very beginner, where do I change this? On a code page? I use blueprints

it’s a Console Command. you can open the console in editor using ` key (above the Tab key). Alternatively you can use the Execute Console Command blueprint node too.

Thank you very much, solved it!

Do you know how to do this for runtime? The game plays well in editor - but the built game culls the volumetric clouds. Thank you!

You can use the Execute Console Command node to do it in runtime, like on Begin Play of a Game Mode.

[quote=“kuszi, post:2, topic:1307815, username:kuszi”]
r.HeterogeneousVolumes.MaxTraceDistance 1000000
[/quote] @Extrone

This did not seem to work. Any other suggestions?
image

This is from “Begin Play” of the game mode.

I don’t know anything about the command itself, just how to execute it. sorry :sweat_smile:

OK, thanks.

@kuszi thank you, It worked!!!