'Disable Sun Disc' not applying?

Hey there is there any reason why ‘disable sun disc’ in atmospheric would just straight up not apply? Seems to be the case across build lighting and refresh material in sky sphere. This level is built from ‘Default’ when selecting from new level. I have to assume the setting’s being overridden somewhere or something but I’m still pretty new to UE4…

Edit: For sanity tried just firing up a new level and picking default and am getting the same behaviour.
Edit: Also a completely blank level dragging in only directional light, atmospheric fog and BP_sky sphere.

That sun disc is coming from your directional light source, not the fog :wink:

EDIT: Beg your pardon, in the fog, set the sun disc scale to zero…

EDIT 2: Ah… it’s because you have the atmosphere in there too. It seems to have it’s own disc…

And finally… I think the atmosphere actor gets the brightness of the sun disc from the directional light, so not turning it off. As far as I know…

hey thanks - in the screenshot its actually set to 0.1 (0 wasn’t available) but this setting also seems to do nothing…

Like I say ( above ), last statement…

yeah even the scale setting changes nothing though, which shouldn’t have anything to do with the brightness of the lighting, nor should a disable rendering button - the atmosphere’s relationship with the actual rendered circle seems borked, which seems v weird if dragging fresh default things that seem intended to work that way.