Directional damage indicators are not shown when using First Person Camera device

Summary

When using the First Person Camera device, directional damage indicators are not shown. I have attached a video demonstrating the issue.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Add a first person camera to a player. (Using default settings)
  2. Take any damage

Expected Result

Directional damage indicators should be displayed on the screen around the crosshair

Observed Result

No damage indicators are displayed, causing players to be unsure if they have been hit

Platform(s)

PC, Nintendo Switch 2 (verified myself)
All platforms (reported by players)

Upload an image

Video

Additional Notes

I tested multiple camera settings and multiple maps with first person cameras and similar behavior

FORT-1113838 has been ‘Closed’. This is working as intended by design.

Hi @Flak , I submitted this ticket a few months ago and it was closed today as “working as intended”. I just verified that this is still an issue. Can you confirm if this close is correct?

I can find some screenshots/videos of the correct behavior prior to when this stopped working, if needed. Thank you.