Direction on virtual heightfield mesh - wherein bumpy-ness?

So with the advent of 4.26.2 I can actually run a level with the virtual heightfield mesh and not have it crash on me…

I took my nicely tessellated.displaced landscape material (of middling performance) from 4.25 and upped it to 4.26.2. Got errors on the tessellation settings in the material-properties so i disabled those, no errors. I was able to get a virtual heightmesh thingie in the level, see that i didn’t crash, and yes, when I change various settings I can see it change (enabled seeing in the editor). However, I am at a total loss on how to make the bumpy-ness come through, what displacement was previously getting me. Landscape is flat, no displacement. I do have it hooked up fwiw, but otherwise am at a loss…

Any direction on how to make that come through? It’s not apparent from the sample (to me at least, besides setup) and what I saw in the 4.26 tech demo implied small-scale details inside Fortnight work, so why not for me (lol)?

FWIW, I’m getting GREAT improvements in performance on a landscape that was previously 60ish-80ish depending on poly-count to 120ish solid fps, fracking amazing. Expected an improvement but nothing so much like what I am seeing. If I can get the bumpies, I’m good with what I want; can anyone help me realize my dream? Prolly some perf-gain related to lack of tessellation but otherwise it seems very fluid/smooth.