Different coloured shadows

Hey guys , i have a problem with shadows. This is strictly for testing purposes before i get started on a project. I have copied and pasted walls on top of each other all with 512 lightmap resolutions but the shadows turn out to be different colours. Is there anything im doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

Hey ,

This topic has been covered numerous times on the AnswerHub and the forums here.

Here is the most prevalent forums post: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?8491-Baked-Lighting-Variation-Between-Static-Meshes

The solution is to 1) have a good UV layout and 2) in the world settings > lightmass > Lightmass settings > Indirect lighting smoothness to something like .6 and Indirect lighting quality to 2 (maybe higher, but this will increase build times but better results).

Hi , first of all thanks for the reply i find you are a very big help with my work. I have read the link and i have tried what you suggested with going to world settings > lightmass > Lightmass settings > Indirect lighting smoothness to something like .6 and Indirect lighting
quality to 4. I have used unreal engines premade architectural walls to test the shadows again with a static directional light. I assume that the pre made walls have really good UV’s i’m still having trouble figuring out the issue. I have an image of my settings and the problem still occuring.

Its Ok i figured out the problem there cant be any flat surfaces grouped which is what caused the shadow to look different