[DEVLOG] Project 'Caillou' - The first game inspired by New Caledonia

Functional Ukulele, very early WIP.

Can you guess the song?

Testing out some movement mechanics

Working on some interactible foliage

This looks amazing and the world looks pretty alive already considering the game is in an early phase of development! Keep going!

Thanks for the kind words! :o

Flyover of a small island (WIP)

I really love the art style of your game - kudos to your artist for an outstanding job :slight_smile:

Thank you very much! :o

La direction artistique est vraiment géniale! ça fait plaisir de savoir qu’il y a du jeu vidéo sur le caillou :slight_smile: Ici à Tahiti, on essaye aussi de se lancer dans l’aventure du jeu vidéo avec des amis. J’espère qu’on réussira à obtenir des rendus aussi beaux que les vôtres! ^^ En tout cas bonne continuation!

Merci beaucoup! Bonne chance pour votre projet, hâte de voir ça :slight_smile:

We are incredibly proud to announce that Awaceb has received an Unreal Dev Grant for Project ‘Caillou’.

Huge thanks to Epic Games and everyone who has been supporting us.

Stay tuned for more about the game in the near future

Congratulations!! Well deserved IMO :). Hopefully this will help you guys speed up production!

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: It definitely will!

Feel the coconut… BE the coconut

Another quick jam, [can you guess the song?!

https://i.imgur.com/kbZupFh.gif](https://twitter.com/Philcrifo/status/1015945735752347648)

Sailing

Tropical rain weather effect (WIP), I sped it way up for showing purposes but it follows a logical pattern; clouds & fog slowly build up before the first drops appear, etc…

Wow your sky and clouds are gorgeous. I’m assuming this is custom work and isn’t a paid skybox? If so any help on where to look in order to get good at making such beautiful sky system?

Thank you for the kind words!

Yes this is a custom setup. Honestly I tried many plugins and got frustrated because they were either overcomplicated or simply didn’t let me achieve the look I was aiming for. In the end I used a custom shader + lights and fog etc… All the values are driven by timelines. I’m afraid I can’t link to any tutorials as I didn’t follow one, but if you’re familiar with materials/blueprints, It’s fairly simple stuff.