Detailed Lighting Buffer plus others not working

Hello -

My apologies I read joshezzell’s comment as it corrupts, as in makes unusable, the project. I do understand that the Detail Lighting Visualization Buffer becomes corrupt but the main pass rendering of the normals does not change. Unfortunately this is why this particular issue has been backlogged by our engineers currently. I have updated the issue information including the newest report and increased the community interest in this issue.

Again, I will keep you all informed as I learn more information.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric,

Just checking in to see if there has been any update on this issue?
Best wishes,

Matt

Hi Matt -

Unfortunately it is still backlogged in our system (for reference it is UE-3598). I have added additional information and bumped community interest again. If i hear anything further I will let you know

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Hello everyone -

In the editor Viewport select Show > Use Defaults

This resets all show flags and fixes the problem (You will have to do this each time you use the vertex paint View).

Hi zombiethatatehimself,
Thanks for sharing. It works! What a strange bug…
Best wishes,

Matt

This is still a bug in 4.16.

thanks for this. ran into this issue recently

Press G!

A lot of issues with visibility of things in viewport can be solved with G.

Funnily enough I just got this bug in 5.0.2 7 years later :sob: seems like Use Defaults like suggested temporarily fixes is but seems I have to do it for all my levels :stuck_out_tongue:

the solution for me was to click on the “show” tab in the viewport and check the “use defaults” option and observe if the problem persists by alternating with the G key