Depth only static meshes/custom depth are not working on Meta Quest 3

I’m trying to create a portal in my mixed reality game on Quest 3. My approach to this is to have an invisible mesh which only renders in the depth pass, to act as a blocker for objects behind the portal.

On my mesh I have “render in depth pass” checked, and unchecked “render in main pass”. This works great in the XR simulator, but when I try to actually run it on the quest, it doesn’t work.

I’ve also tried using a custom depth approach, where I render the invisible wall to custom depth, and then use a post processing shader to overwrite these areas with 0 alpha. This again works great in the XR simulator but does not work on the actual quest 3. It seems that post processing materials are not supported on quest.

So my question is, is there any way to render a depth only mesh on quest 3, or any way to do post processing effects on quest 3? Or is there any other technique I can use to achieve this same effect.

Hi, Did you find a solution to this? I’ve had a similar issue trying to hide back faces on a hologram.

Best

Oly