Depth of field not working

Hello,

I’m trying to use the depth of field settings with a global post process in the VR-preset.
But the effect just doesnt show up. Other settings from the post process volume are working. (bloom etc.)
I’ve set the quality to epic, the volume is enabled and unbound.
I’m using the forward renderer and MSAA.

I copied the post process volume from the particle effects project.

thanks anyone in advance.

1 Like

We are running into the same issue, did you find a fix for this?

+1 also facing this issue after switching to forward renderer

Sadly not :frowning:

also experiencing this on 4.14.3, specifically in the VR template

migrated all content to a default project, DOF post processing works

Hello, +1 for this exact behaviour. Any fixes yet?

Check if you have r.DepthOfFieldQuality set to 0. If so, change it to more than 0
I had the same issue. DOF PP copied from Epic’s content examples just appeared not to work at all in my project. Then I came across this r.DepthOfFieldQuality command, If its set to 0 it seems to disable DOF.

Yuh Just use this r.DepthOfFieldQuality 1 to turn it on

I’m going to improve upon everyone else’s suggestion (thanks everyone, by the way!). If you add this command to the begin play event in a blueprint (put it in a custom game type and then set it as the default game type in your project settings), it will load automatically when you launch a level.

281684-unreal-dof-for-vr-bp-01.png

9Having the same issue, I’ve tried turning everything on, but no effect (not VR, just a single scene)

Tried this but it didn’t work for me :frowning: Any other suggestions? I started from scratch, not the default scene or Unreal content examples.