Delay with panner

Hello, I am new to Unreal Engine and I hope someone could help me with this. I have a texture with a panner node to simulate movement. What I am trying to accomplish is for the texture to stay completely still when I hit play and then after a few seconds, executes the panner and starts moving, like a time delay. I will appreciate anyone’s help.

Easiest way is to make the panner speed a parameter, then make a material instance.

You can then turn the panner on and off from blueprint, which does have delay nodes :slight_smile:

Just for the lulz, you can actually create a makeshift delay in the material:

In this case the panner will start 2 second after BeginPlay.

But actually what ClockworkOcean said: make a parameter, and set it in a blueprint:

1 Like

Hello,

Creating the makeshift delay in the material option is exactly what I need. When I hit play, the material begins still and after 2 seconds, the panner is executed. The material is panning on both the X and Y axis though, in my case I just need for the material to move on the Y axis only. Is there a node that I can add to tell the panner to only move on the Y axis? I will appreciate it and thanks for the response.

See the second screenshot where the panner speed is separated into two values.

Do the same, but make X value to be zero, and the If node only affect the Y value.