DediServer - PIE (Standalone) crash

I got a quirky issue with our project. In editor - we are setting up the following settings (below) and trying to run DedicatedServer. when using STANDALONE play method, the dedi comes up, the client loads the UI (main menu) and then the dedi crashes with the below fatal error crashing it…

Problem is - when i’ve built this using front end, the server builds fine and DOESNT error when played from .exes … I’ve deleted Binaries/Build/Intermediate folders and done a fresh build/package(frontend) of the project… still the same effect in editor, but built package works fine. Anyone ever seen this?

SETTINGS:
STANDLONE
DedicatedServer(true)
SingleProcess(false)

ERROR:
[2017.05.15-06.46.23:419][ 1]LogWindows:Error: UE4Editor-Engine.dll!AActor::TickActor() [d:\unreal4sourcecode\unrealengine-4.14\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:834]
[2017.05.15-06.46.23:419][ 1]LogWindows:Error: UE4Editor-Engine.dll!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [d:\unreal4sourcecode\unrealengine-4.14\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:113]
[2017.05.15-06.46.23:420][ 1]LogWindows:Error: UE4Editor-Engine.dll!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [d:\unreal4sourcecode\unrealengine-4.14\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:256]

Hey walldiv,

Does this occur when you use single process as well?

Try upgrading a copy of the project to 4.16 to see if it crashes there as well. It’s possible that there is something that was fixed to prevent this crash, but I don’t see a related ticket in our database, unfortunately.

Are you able to reproduce the issue in a clean project? If so, please provide me with a detailed list of repro steps.

Thanks!

I am marking this topic as resolved for tracking purposes, as we have not heard from you in a few days. If this issue persists, feel free to respond to this thread.

For any new issues, please create a new Answerhub topic.

Have a great day