Debug Sphere is rendering wrong for VR

I’m using an HTC and trying to use the “Draw Debug Sphere” blueprint node to draw debug geometry. When I try to do this and view it within VR Preview, I am getting display errors. If I look through my right eye, I can see the debug geometry without any issues. If I look through my left eye, it is gone. However, if I rotate my head, the debug geometry will appear but the projection looks way off (as if it were flattened onto a cylinder).

I’m using an unmodified UE 4.13 source build and I can replicate the problem within my project and a blank VR template project. The problem seems to apply to the draw debug sphere, draw debug line, and most likely all of the debug draw commands. When I view the scene through the preview window on my monitor, it looks wrong as well (I think its rendering the left eye).

This was not a problem for me in 4.12

Hello ,

This appears to be a known issue. I have provided a link below to the public tracker. As a note you may want to try disabling “Instance Stereo Rendering”. Please feel free to use the provided link for future updates.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-35513)

Make it a great day