Download

Dead Space level remade in UE4

Hey everyone,

I’ve been meaning to start getting my work out there for a while now, but I’m just now getting around to it! This is a project I’ve been working of for a couple months now and I’m pretty much ready to put it to rest. However, I definitely want to hear your feedback/suggestions, especially since I’m in the process of deciding my next project. Something smaller in scale, hopefully :stuck_out_tongue:

As a huge fan of Dead Space, I decided to remake a level from the game as a way of becoming even more familiar with UE4. Specifically, this is the ‘Main Atrium’ area from Chapter 4. Let me know what you guys think :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to the imgur album in case the images don’t display correctly. Unreal forums was being a bit finicky about which images it would let me upload: http://imgur.com/a/93fZI

d9c2713904099a708e7ee6382ae22638ac0371ae.jpeg

6fb696ec68867ccdd0c606dcc2d74e0542ed3c76.jpeg

0eHrF4y.jpg
Sou009T.jpg
mjM2An8.jpg
G9eYL3A.jpg

A pleasure for my eyes, gg . I am fond of some of your animated screenies! The space envi looks so good :slight_smile:

Looks amazing - really great job!

Looks amazing, the especially the screens and the space background caught my attention. One of the best recreations of ‘other’ games I’ve seen.

Thanks so much!

Wow, well done! That looks fantastic! You managed to capture the anxiety and tension just in that scene!

Really cool! I love the way you captured the atmosphere of the game in these stills

my god, beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Great atmosphere, congrats!

Good job ! Congrats for keeping atmosphere of first Dead Space. I love reflections, volumetric lighting and those blood details dripping from chair. I would to see whole Dead Space remake from you :slight_smile:

Awesome lighting work!

Wait a second… Is that volumetric lighting? I would take my first born for a break down of how you did this.

Hah! No, unfortunately not. It’s just faked with a variety of emissive textures with depth fade. I’m dying for unreal to give us volumetric lighting >_<

I’ve developed a volumetric lighting blueprint that’s going to be on the marketplace the day after tomorrow for $5 :wink:

How did you do that??
The models the textures?? I mean, did you actually ripped off the games assets here?

I would assume it was all created from scratch, which a bit of reference. A side-by-side comparison reveals a number of differences.

I would love to see these 3d models and all the scrathces… but for me this just looks to similiar.
But i have no evidence for anything currently. Lets just see what the author says i would love to be surprised.

Well I can tell you easily that his fan models are original, or at the very least didn’t come from Dead Space. Compare the images above to this:

TpVHlFz.png&stc=1

The in-game fans only have 3 blades, and the bars/grate around the fan is pretty different.

That’s only one item, but I saw several minor differences between his version of the Atrium and the ingame Atrium as well.

Nice compare! :slight_smile: thats what realy talks! Facts

Wow, I can’t wait to check this out! Thanks for the heads up and awesome work :slight_smile: