[Dead] Pro-Grade Complete Dynamic-Weather-Toolkit

Might hit some speedbumps, but providing all goes smoothly: Aiming for no later than two weeks Sunday. Going to be digging into it again weekend, hopefully some screenshots by the end too.

Q the drum roll for the screen shots…bada boom! marketplace item is my most anticipated cant wait to see more of it in action.

Cannot wait till that one releases :open_mouth:

First video. Obviously all content is WIP, but the transition to rain is starting to look nice. The Sky is dull right now, but will change. The lightning is procedurally generated, and the rain uses an instance mesh system rather than an expensive particle. Rain is very configurable, it can range from a mere 33 instructions up to a massive 78 instructions if you wish, and is very well LOD’d.

Notice the consistent 120+ FPS in the top-right. Added video to OP.

Like it mate, Bit more polish, maybe a post pro shader just to add more finite rain drops with random wind and is without doubt something i would purchase. :slight_smile:

That’s all coming (bar the post process part, not a fan of that approach). I must stress the intensity of the words ‘WIP’ when I post stuff like btw, just a little tease that’s all :slight_smile:

I still like it! :slight_smile:

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Do want!

Any plans to add visible lightning bolts tha streak across the sky?

Great job ! looking forward to buy.

have you thought about selling it through sellfy or any other site? the UE marketplace is fine but the update to the things already on the market kinda sucks and takes the same time to submit new stuff (which is already slow).

I thought about it, but as it’s my first time doing it I’d like it to be as smooth as possible. Also with Marketplace, I get much more outreach than I would promoting myself.

It won’t be out until it’s ready, so updating shouldn’t be a problem :wink:

Impressive, not just rain composition even sounds are excellent. Makes me wanna play just standing there even without any gameplay.
Do you plan to add for snow additive layering of snow on top of objects?

is looking really impressive! Can’t wait :smiley:

exactly what I need, can’t wait…

Not to be a bother, but is there an estimated time frame for release? As I’m kind of OCD about scheduling, I’d like to put an ETA on my trello project board :wink:

One other question, does include a time of day system? I know there was a simple way of doing that in blueprints, but for the life of me, I can’t find the bloody tutorial on YT >.<

No time frame, still in the early stages and we’re super-busy in work atm.

Doesn’t include a TOD system, but you could plug one in without any issues!

should help : ) - A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Saw that, but in the level blueprint, there is no “add actor localrotation” node… 4.7.2… I’ve gotta be messing something up (which is highly likely). I’ll make a separate thread as not to derail one.

hi
I really like but when is are you planning to release it?

Will there be an obvious way to plug in a ToD system? I am by no means a blueprint guy, so for me would be difficult if it’s not a simple task. I am using the free ToD system here: [Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader - Game Development - Epic Developer Community Forums
It’s quite nice. I am hoping it will be easy to connect it and your system so I can have both working well.