Datasmith Feature Requests

REALLY looking forward to Cinema 4D Datasmith plugin!!!

Hi,

First of all thank you so much for the great work.

**Feature Request: **It would be great if you could add a built-in voice chat system to multi user template, since you really need to discuss in runtime when there are multiple users visiting the project from a distance, another great addition would be a grab system for multi user template, similar to VR Template. Also I cant make the actor begin overlap funtion work when I am on the VR mode, thats I assume something that has to do with collisions so it could be great if that was built-in inside the template. Thank you so much.

Happy new year everyone (we still have all the month to wish it right) ! :slight_smile:

Feature suggestion > being able to bulk edit the “Min Lightmap Resolution” setting in the mesh properties, as most of the time the Datasmith importer doesnt really do a good job at choosing what value to go for…

Or maybe a toggle to match the Min Lightmap Resolution to the Lightmap Resolution value, and rebuild every UV accordingly ?

Cheers !

There needs to be an option to disable the VR launch when opening the UE editor. It doesn’t matter what project I’m working on; both Windows MR and Steam VR launch when UE editor is started, and I’ll close them. Then they launch again when I select a project. It’s really annoying, and I currently see no way to disable them when I’m not working on a VR-based project.

Yep, we have been putting thoughts into this and we get way better results in internal builds. (everything is turning more less the same color in the lightmap density viz mode now). Stay tuned!

Now that is proper awesome ! :eek:

Option to not actually bake displacement maps onto the mesh itself on import.

Boy, we had some weird results of that and it never actaually looked good at any point either.

(How about creating a parallax occlusion map material instead of baking displacement maps onto the mesh?)

Fix the issue with Corona lights importing through datasmith with values in the tens of billions. Crashes immediately if you try and change the intensity too.

Has there been any progress on the Solidworks assembly importer. The current one does not work. If so is there a alpha or beta build I can try.

As request i’d like to have an option when import a datasmith file from to check if a material with the same name already exist and to use that instead of creating a new on.

Mac Support please

HI EPic / Unreal
Thanks for great product. Is it possible to get an update to the Datasmith - SketchUp exporter? SketchUp is now on v2019 and the current Datasmith exporter only exports to v2018. Problem is my v2018 license will expire in 60 days and I won’t be able to use it any longer, which means I won’t be able to use Unreal because I won’t be able to use the Datasmith Exporter.

we should post it next week!

Would be great if we can have Grab function too in Multi User Viewer Template.
I am trying to bring in the function from VR Template, but no success so far. It’s quite complicated for beginner users.

yes, the product viewer and multi user templates need to converge into a single one at some point

Mac/OSX Support for Unreal Studio and hopefully the same for upcoming C4d Datasmith

Thanks!

Add a Daz Studio plugin for Datasmith

Could you please either make it so that if you toggle off cameras on import, it doesn’t import/create a post process volume, or have a seperate toggle for it? The use case is when you’re importing assets (as datasmith files) into an existing scene setup.

Please consider enabling using grass layers on meshes and make possible the same approach for meshes as for landscapes.
This is especially important for people working with an architecture viz where you should have an easy way to export/update terrain as a mesh through Datasmith (from Revit or Rhino). In concept projects terrain changes frequently it also needs to be precisely modeled by CAD programs.
Every change in meshes doesn’t go well with painted foliage on top of it.

Using grass type layers would make it way more streamlined by unlocking for the users the same techniques used for landscapes.

It would be great to link material detail from CAD metadata (like in .IFC) automatically to materials(instancesn) in the Unreal editor. Prefeably in some tabular overview, allowing more control on parameters too.

Don’t know whether it’s existing yet, I’m a fresh user.