Datasmith 5.0 3DS Max Plugin Failure To Find 3DS Max 2023

Hi all !

Just a heads up that 5.0.2 is out, and with it the support for 3dsMax and Revit 2023 ! :tada:
Head to Datasmith Exporter Plugins - Unreal Engine to get the latest version of the plugins !

Cheers,
Antoine

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Installer of MaxExporter_5.0.2 is asking about installer 5.0.msi?
imagen

How can i fix that or download 5.0.msi

1 Like

You should be able to get it here https://unrealstudio.epicgames.com/UnrealDatasmithMaxExporter_5_0.msi

hello
I am still currently having the same issue with max 23 and UE5.1

2 Likes

The other day I had the Datasmith 5.0 available to download and it worked fine.
I now have Unreal 5.1 and there is an exporter 5.1, I install that, I found the toolbar hidden away. I click the export selected and export and nothing happens. before it was an option to export along with FBX and others and that worked perfectly, that too is gone. People cannot wait around something they need and this was an after thought and not simultaneously realease both at the same time…that work.

3 Likes

any updates on this at all? I’m using 2023 to bring in some Architecture.

actually i have the same issue data smith is installed, but cant seem to the extension when i hit export.

Export to datasmith is in the datasmith tab in the ribbon.

1 Like

Datasmith 5.1 3ds max plugin Failure to find to 3ds max 2022.
What is the solution? pls

I have the same issue as you, I Can’t find Datasmith when I export?

1 Like

See Flavien’s post above, the workflow changed and was unified with the other plugins to use a ribbon :

I am using 3ds Max 2023 + 5.1,3D Max and can’t export Datasmith.

I have the same problem
i was able to install 5.03 installer
it displays the ability to export from 3ds max = but there is an error there

current news from the site as of January 2003 does not create DatasmithMax2023.dle

let me know if there is any workaround

I can pressing X and in the search bar write “Datasmith”… In below select “Export Selected or Export” when Export File window open the Datasmith file type is default… In Unreal import with out problems… Works to me!!!

1 Like

Thank you!! so smart.

1 Like

Hey guys,

I have installed Datasmith Exporter for 3Ds max 2022. But my exporter panel in 3Ds max doesn’t show the .udatasmith exporter option. While the option is visible Unreal Engine 5.1 during the Datasmith import option. Please help me troubleshoot insight for the same.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, i have same problem to, but with other verison :frowning:

Use this link to get the UnrealDatasmithMaxExporter_4_27_preview3.msi file and use it to deinstall that version of exporter for 3ds max.
Then retry installing.

thanks.