Dataflow Node no longer working.

Summary

Dataflow Geometry Collection “CollectionSelectionByPrimitive” does not appear to function at all.

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

UI / Tools

Steps to Reproduce

Create any kind of a Geometry collection and make sure it is fractured. Then Place down a CollecitonSelectionByPrimitve Node, the easiest to demo is the Plane. Move the plane so that it selects part of the fractured mesh. Append a PruneInCollection or use the selection pane / yellow selection notice how there is no selection taking place. It appears the Primitive selection in the “Node Details” had room for a dropdown that does not work. Also Plugging in a Plane, Box, Sphere into the “Primitive” on the CollecitonSelectionByPrimitve does nothing.

Expected Result

There should be a selection. I have used the CollectionTransformSelectionInBox in the past with success.

Observed Result

Nothing is selected.

Affects Versions

5.8

Platform(s)

Windows

Upload an image

Additional Notes

Hopefully this can be fixed soon. It’s a pretty useful tool to have in the tool box.

Thank you for reporting this issue

I have reproduced it on my end and I’m working on a fix
When done, I’ll post a the github fix and will make sure this gets integrated in one of the hot engine fix

Hi

The fix has been scheduled for the 5.8.2 HotFix
If you compile from source you can always grab the fix from this Github link ( It’s a simple one file change )

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/a91649d98379f39471369e722d8b009adca2eb11

Ced