Data Asset problem: FNetGUIDCache::SupportsObject

Greetings,

i have an issue with Data Asset that is not loaded and i don’t know why. I build my inventory system on Data Asset logic and when i spawn two items, one Test Weapon and another Test Ammo i get this message:

LogNetPackageMap: Warning: FNetGUIDCache::SupportsObject: DABP_Ammo_C /Game/ThirdPersonBP/Blueprints/Inventory/Items/Ammo/Ammo_Test.Ammo_Test NOT Supported.

It is interesting that this is happening now after one month with no problem. When i spawn server side version of item, it can’t assign data of Test ammo, but Test weapon is OK. When i rename Data Asset Blueprint problem is gone, but return when i reload project.

Can somebody know why is this happening and how to fix it ?

Project is full in Blueprints and i experienced crash so maybe project is corrupted. I Tried to fix this by deleting Intermediate and Saved folders and rebuild via Visual Studio, but it didn’t help me.

Hi are you using an interface to pass the information,

What do you exactly mean “using an interface”. I’ve created data asset from blueprint class “PrimaryDataAsset” and set asset manager to load these data assets from selected file. Then i assign data asset in spawn actor node. This works for me, but after some work and crashes some errors show up. I figure out that when i go to the data asset → right click → Asset Actions → Reload errors are gone. But still i don’t know why.

thanks for clarifiyig ,
this is normally caused by replicating a non supported component, or pushing a object that cand be re-replicated via an interface call,

your data object can in check that you have not set component replicates in the BP Class of the PrimaryDataAsset

1 Like

Well i find out this already but still it works but in some cases data asset is not loaded and then is called “Accessed none” failure. When i reload it failure disappear… I use for replication of these data server side functions and all data of “inventory” are on server (like u don’t want cheaters or yes? ) so when i need inventory items data (for showing them in player’s UI) i call function and that returns these informations.

Still my project is in Blueprints and that is not good for MMO game :D. So i’m trying to understand UE4 C++ code but still i’m new to this so now i can’t rework my BL project into C++ code (and that is necessary for succsess). Still i can’t get why is this happaning when BP_InventorySystemComponent is replicated and so inventory data… Maybe this is because of BP_InventoryItem that is placed in the world (spawn by server via GameMode), but this is only server side thing. Still Item Data in BP_InventoryItem is replicated too… Can’t figure out where problem is. I spend hours of learning BP replication and i think that i made it correctly (maybe i’m wrong).

Hello Errando_Discimus,
did you solve the problem in the meantime?

I am one of the developers of Character Editor and we have implemented replication a few days/weeks ago.
We are also using the Data Asset approach to customize our characters and have noticed the exact same problem with some of our nearly 500 Data Assets as well.

Only 11 (eleven) of them produce the NetGuidCache warning and I cannot figure out why. All of them share some parent Blueprint class that other data assets also inherit from. Those data assets in turn do not produce this warning and replicate correctly. I also tried to rename the data asset in case the NetGuid got created based on the name, which did not work. I also tried to create the data asset from scratch with another name, but as soon as I assign it to the same property which gets replicated (a customization profile structure), the problem comes back again.

It seems that some initial loading at Begin Play invalidates the asset, but I do not know why it only happens for these few, because many other data assets on the customized character get loaded at Begin Play, too.

Hello Kalabrix, Were you able to solve the problem?

I’m currently working with data assets and replication and stumbled upon this issue, getting the same error on some of my assets.

I’ve seen that the replication update is live for character editor so hoping you guys found a fix.

The issue is that DataAssets don’t support replication (they are UObjects at the end of the day), however, you can still replicate a pointer to a DataAsset, just not the asset itself. The reason being is that assets are stabely-named, thus can be referenced over the network.

Why do we see that warning then? The reason is that DataAssets are meant to be static, i.e., not changed at runtime. Changing them at runtime while marking them as Replicated, will yield that warning.

2 Likes