Damage prevention channel does not work

Hi,

I have made a shield actor for blocking any projectile from dealing damage to my player character, and all projectiles that can deal radial damage have their damage prevention channel set to ECC_Visibility. Yet my character was still damaged by radial damage when I was play-testing it.

1 Like

I didn’t work with radial damage, but I assume it used a sphere overlap, not traces. So it will affect anything it overlaps with, no matter if its behind an obstacle.

1 Like

For anyone stuck with this issue, here is a critical error I made that prevented the Damage Prevention Channel from working correctly.
My mistake was, I had an actor that I wanted to receive damage and have damage pass through. That actor had two components that had conflicting collision responses that at the end made all channels become blocked when added to each other.
So, I made sure I made one channel, in my case vehicle, ignore, and selected it to be the damage prevention channel. Here are the screen shots.

Make sure the channel response is consistent is all the components of the damage receiving actor!

ComponentA:

ComponentB

ComponentB after channel response rectification