I always make 3D main menu systems like these for my games, because I kinda like them a lot better than flat 2D menus - and this morning I was idly wondering if there would be any interest if I polished them up a little, made them highly customizable and easy to use, and released them on the marketplace.
Here’s a video I just made with a few examples of menu systems I’ve made for games in the past:
The way this would work is that you’d either use one of maybe a handful pre-made styles I’d supply with the package, complete with most common menu options (play, start game, new game, load, save, pause, options… and so on) or make your own meshes to use with it.
Planned features would include:
- Fully customizable menu item actions (e.g. open other menu, execute console command, quit, open level, etc.)
- Customizable menu transitions
- Selection effects: material switching, bobbing, etc.
- Support for selection, confirmation, cancel sounds
- Mouse, keyboard, gamepad support
That’s all I’ve got for now. I’d love to hear your feedback! Would you be interested in something like this for an affordable price point?