Custom Sphere Reflection Capture Actor Possible?

Hi, reading about this actor it seems like it calculates all the date before run time, that means that it is static once the level begins.
As far as I understand it it’s simply the whole scene within its radius projected onto a sphere.

I was wondering if there was a way to export that reflection data somehow and put it inside another reflection capture actor. The whole point being that the materials reflect something that’s not there, I think this could lead to some interesting gameplay.

I’d just like to know if this is possible. If not, any ideas on possible implementations of this effect are greatly appreciated.

Hi!

You can create BP for cube map scene capture

then add it to scene and create Cube Render Target

Create material and attach cube map.

Thanks, that sounds great! I’ll have to check that out

I’m not sure that’s entirely what you want… That will make a cube that’s “mirrored” with something besides what it should reflect.

If I understand you correctly, what you want is for, say, the reflective element of a wet floor to show a forest, even though a decaying city is what the player sees above it. Or whatever. Right? Like, specifically for the reflections used BY REFLECTIVE MATERIALS to be showing something that isn’t present?

I’m not sure how you’d do that exactly. It would be pretty cool for psych horror games though.

If cube captures work the way they did in Un3, you can capture once in another scene, then specify that texture in a material in a totally different scene.