Custom Pass on Movie Render Queue

Hi there,Greeting of the day…i have a simple question about rendering…how i render custom render passes on
" Movie Render Queue " ?

Good question. I’m looking into this myself. I’ll come back if I find anything :slight_smile:

Hi there, Thanks Epic Game for the UE4 update i am waiting for long time finally i got my solution for passes in MRQ

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/announcements-and-releases/1814986-unreal-engine-4-26-preview

Cinematic and Virtual Production Updates:

Movie Render Queue Improvements (Beta). We’ve continued work on the new Movie Render Queue, giving you new options to control its operation and to customize the images it produces.

Render passes. You can now choose to export media using only selected render passes, including ObjectId, Motion Vectors, Z-Depth, World Position, World Normals, Ambient Occlusion, and Reflections. This opens up a wide range of possibilities for compositing images generated by Unreal Engine in external applications.

Scripting and interop. We’ve added scripting hooks for Python and Blueprint, which you can use to integrate your rendering with distributed compute systems and render farms such as AWS Thinkbox Deadline.
It’s now also possible to use Python scripts to render from the command line without human intervention, allowing you to integrate movie rendering into larger-scale pipelines.

Runtime rendering. You can now use the Render Manager to generate still or sequence images at runtime, not just in the Unreal Editor.

Pro codecs. The Movie Render Queue now supports pro codecs, including Apple Pro Res and Avid DNxHR.

Multi-channel EXRs. You can now export media in multi-channel EXR format, packing multiple channels such as base color, ambient occlusion, and reflections into a single image file.

EXR compression. When you export to EXR format, you can now compress the resulting files using your choice of compression formats.

Final Cut Pro EDLs. Create Edit Decision Lists (EDLs) in an industry standard format.

I just dealt with this same question, it’s not quite clear in the documentation:

Check out the attached - you need to enable an “additional post process material” in the Deferred Rendering settings.

Then, in Output under “File Name Format” make sure to use the {render_pass} keyword somewhere in the filename, for example: “{render_pass}.{frame_number}”

Also facing some issues with render passes and EXR’s at the moment (might be a bug).

Hi,thanks for the tip i did’nt try 4.26 yet i will follow your tip waiting for UE5

World Position, World Normals, Ambient Occlusion; I can not find these Passes as an addable Layer for the render Queue

Will give this a try. Many, many thanks pal :slight_smile: