CUSTOM NPCs NOT SPAWNING

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

Custom NPCs are not spawning, not by their default timer, not by custom timer, not by trigger / button.

Spawner and timer settings:

Steps to Reproduce

create custom npc spawner, put it into the world, make it triggered by timer, custom timer or triggers

Expected Result

NPC not spawning or rarely and randomly.

Observed Result

NPC not spawning or rarely and randomly.

Platform(s)

UEFN, PC

Island Code

6065-7263-7040

Additional Notes

They sometimes do spawn and they work as they are supposed to, so it is probably not issue with NPC settings, but the spawn is usually not working and if it is, it is extremely random.

Can you try removing any modifiers from spawners and put them in the npc definitions instead. I noticed my spawner stopped working after I added a modifier. But it works if the same modifier is in the npc definition.

I dont have modifiers in the spawner device, only in definitions :X

Then start with a new basic spawner, add custom stuff gradually and see when it stops working.

Well it does not really matter as I am using only the ones that are absolutely needed.

Which modifiers did stop the spawning for you?

UI, but as part of def it worked

I tried to create brand new one, it work to a degree.
It starts spawning monsters at the beginning, but then it stops after like 3-4 spawns even tho the total limit is 8 and then usually all together, or works with much larger gaps.

Still need solution for this as hunting monsters is big part of our map :X

So the issue was probably total NPC limit of 90 (?)
And wildlife having priority on spawns, seems to be working so far when I decreased total number of spawns.

1 Like

Ah you found the issue, AI capping is definately the issue