Custom AnimNode is not getting variable value on property

Hi,

I’m using UE 4.8.3. I’ve created a custom AnimNode and AnimGraphNode subclassing from FAnimNode_Base and UAnimGraphNode_Base respectively.

I also have a property named Pitch for demonstration purposes. This Pitch property will be accumulated on the bone rotations of the output pose each tick.

My goal is to drive this Pitch property from a variable exposed in the animation blueprint. However, the property never gets the value from the variable. It seems to only stick with the value that was set when compiled.

I’m not seeing this behavior with other built in nodes, such as LookAt or blends. Can anyone think of why my property is getting stuck with its compile time value? Ultimately I want to drive properties on this node from a character or level blueprint.

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = Settings, meta = (AlwaysAsPin))
		mutable int32 Pitch;

In the image above, you can see my variable, and the red debug output in the game view shows that the value is not being recognized by the node at runtime.

Thanks in advance.

I am having the same issue!
Did you find any solution?

I don’t know of you are still looking for the answer or not?

Problem: In CustomAnimNodes variable does not update when updating by external variable.
Solution: In Update_AnyThread override function Add this line: GetEvaluateGraphExposedInputs().Execute(Context);

1 Like

You are the best of the best. Added mine GetEvaluateGraphExposedInputs().Execute(Context) to ::UpdateAssetPlayer

Hello, how to assign values to CustomAnimNode output pin?