Cubit Studios Ballistics VFX pack with example blueprints

Gotcha, ok - in that case you would probably be best triggering the particles themselves in sequencer as you need them. You could drag them in place and enable them when you want some impacts. Lets say you wanted a strafing effect across a scene as a character runs through it, you could place a bunch of emitters around the shot (using different FX to match the materials in question)… then trigger them in a sequence to get the desired effect.

Aha thank you sir!
Can I also run through your project and record sequence?

I’ve not actually ever tried using sequencer/record for anything, but I don’t see why not! :slight_smile:

How Do you change the recoil ? It just keeps going up every time I shoot and u have to fight to keep it in place . How do I chill that out a bit

as well as tweak the amount bullets on each gun

thanks killa pack

Funnily enough, the update I have recently submitted to epic for approval has 3 recoil modes… No recoil, cone recoil and then the existing camera recoil :slight_smile: it should be available quite soon, once epic have approved/added it. Basically there is an enumeration variable in the first person blueprint called ‘recoil type’ for choosing.

Dear Dr. Destruction,

I have a quick question. When trying to package a project using your projectiles, there’s a warning, “Activate is unsafe to call in a construction script”. Packaged builds run fine, but i’m trying to narrow down what might be stopping the blueprint nativization feature from working. So i’m wondering if the Activate node for particles in construction script is a big deal or if it could be moved to the event begin play instead?

Michael, apologies for the delayed reply, I’m not getting notifications for this thread it seems :S

Ah, yes, that will be safe to place into begin play instead, I’ll do that in the next update also :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update, no worries at all. Seems i’m not getting notifications either. will re-subscribe…again!

When do you think your update will be? Such a good asset so curious to see what additions you add

I’m aiming for another update at the end of Feb, if all goes well.

Hi! I have problem with particles in build win64. Only for glass impacts. In pie there is no such problem. They glow very bright green, and if you turn off the emissive color, you see a strange black and white square texture.
Update: Fixed this by creating a new simple material.

What about the decals of the blood? Now they do not turn around geometry.
_экрана_8min.jpg

is there a video tutorial on how to get started? for example what is the correct way to import the INI files? I just dragged and dropped them into the config folder, I only put them there because its the only folder with INI files inside.

anywho, I followed the directions and I changed the projectile coming out of my VR gun to the rifle projectile but it cant kill the AI and when I shoot the new material I made and other things it wont move them, is there any other settings that need to be changed??

Acterix Glad you got this fixed. Sorry for the slow reply but I don’t consistently receive messages when a new post gets sent here. (it’s best to send messages to the support address on the marketplace page). Regarding the stretched decals, that looks like the impact result gave a normal that pointed sideways instead of towards the surface (if the bullet hit the inside of the doorframe, perhaps). This is tricky to solve because decals in UE4 can appear to “curve” around surfaces but only up to a limit. Ultimately it’s a flat projection and so doesn’t cope well with cases such as these (for example, if it had spawned from the front of the door frame, there would be stretching along the side of the frame instead).

PRESSURE2000

That should work fine, but another approach is to use the ‘import’ button in project settings to import the ini files into the appropriate section.

So, killing your AI pawns really comes down to how you have decided to implement damage/death. The projectile comes with some standard impulse/damage dealing but it’s completely generic.and so will need expanding upon by each developer to work how they intend their games projectile damage to work. I’m assuming you are getting impacts on the AI pawns themselves and seeing FX spawn? If so, then you should be able to use the receive damage event within your AI pawns blueprint to deal damage and then trigger death when the appropriate threshold is reached.
If you aren’t receiving impacts correctly then something may be configured incorrectly (which I can assist with, if so. I’d need to see more details of how you have set up collisions on your AI pawn etc).

I dont know what im doing wrong. I have a VR project, I imported the files over to this project and I followed the directions. I tried using the demo map, and none of the shots or grenades from guns make projectiles or make sounds.

I even copied all the settings from the vfx gun to my gun with all the variables . my gun shots can kill AI with my gun and projectile but it doesnt make sound

I dont know what else there is left to do so far

1. imported project to my project
  2. added all settings in physics area with all names
  3. tried to add the ini files both ways , via folder and via import on each page (i.e render, collision, ect)
  4. copied all settings from rifle projectile to my projectile still doesnt work
  5. demo map doesnt work with sounds
  6. tried to make a box, make a new material, add the physical material, still doesn’t work

Hmmm. Okay, sounds like something isn’t transferred over correctly. Is your project able to be zipped up and sent over to me at: info@cubitstudios.com ?
I can then have a proper look and figure out what’s missing and correct it for you (it’ll be quicker than trying to diagnose the problem through descriptions :slight_smile: )

well I got it to work, but I had some issues and have some questions.

so after I did the steps above I decided to remove the balisticsvfx folder and then migrate it again. This made everything work.

but I cant get the damage to apply to any of my AI actors. This was the simple code I had in my original projectile base which worked. I added a simple code I found on youtube and my projectile was able to kill all AI and cause blood to spatter when I hit some AI.

also just what has this pack done to my project? After I opened it the first time I see

BUILDING MESS DISTANCE FIELDS
COMPILING SHADERS

why does it have to compile the whole game all over again when using balisticVFX? Did I do a major change of my baseline game? I have bought other plugins and blueprints in the past but never on the scope of this where it had to do the entire shaders thing again

So when I add that code to the rifleprojectile I dont get the effects anymore, the only way that it can apply damage to the AI is like this

it works but for some reason it takes more hits from the bullets to kill

and also, the code I had for my blood effects wont work even if I change the cast

it might just be that I am a beginner and am still learning, but I just dont understand what to do to make the balistic VFX projectile to be able to do everything my old projectile could

Regarding the shader recompilation: off the top of my head, it could be the Dbuffer decals being enabled (by default they aren’t, I believe). You can disable the mesh distance fields if you aren’t using them for anything however.

Regarding your hit events and damage, these are really difficult to work out potential issues from just looking at those screen-shots. My first thought is to make sure all the collision settings between the projectile and the target character are correct. Also, since you are using hit events, make sure “Collision generates hit events” is enabled in your collision settings too…