Cubit Studios Ballistics VFX pack with example blueprints

Picked this up over the weekend - it is awesome :slight_smile:

One thing, had trouble with the Blood splatter from particles when used with moving animated skeletons. The decals would actually rotate and move on the ground.

In Decal Variant Chooser, I hard wired to spawn decal at location instead of spawn decal attached. This seemed to fix stuff…

Also - periodically had issue where particles would spawn double or triple collision events because they were hitting the mesh itself.
So I excluded particle collisions against surface type ‘flesh’

Really looks awesome - may post a quick video later today…

Thanks for purchasing :slight_smile: yeh, I’ve seen that problem myself and I’ll push a fix for the next update. By the way, you can avoid any hard wiring by instead just checking ‘off’ the “Decals Attached?” Bool :slight_smile:

is 1.2 out? Didnt have a chance to look at the vault to see if it was updated before i left the house this morning.

It is indeed. We’re on 1.21 now. I’m going to be submitting another small update this week which will fix some issues and also some add improvements, such as decals now fading away smoothly after their life time limit instead of just popping out of existence.

i love you.
lol - srsly man, amazing work.
I do have a question tho - about the physical materials. Is it possible to assign more then 1 physical to a landscape? should it be done on the material level? What if i want to have more then 1 physical tho … is that even possible? Not sure you would have that answer, but, i was just wondering.

Hmm, It’s not something I’ve gotten to myself in order to test actually but perhaps this thread is of use to you?:

Cubit - you are the most helpful person i have met on here.
Thats perfect - answer and solution. <3

seems to be a problem with the newest update i assume its 1.21 i had 1.2 and there was no problem…however now the folder seems to be locked in read only mode and the engine asks to specify version which it then says cant be changed due to read only mode even if this has been changed with explorer properties to read only(is unopenable)…also projects wont show up in launcher

Hmm, that definitely sounds dodgy. I’ll look into this now and report back.

Ok, this appears to be a marketplace system issue but I’ve been informed that it should now be in working order (they got onto it very quickly, to epics credit! :slight_smile: )

Please ensure that you have:

1. Closed and re-opened the launcher (to get latest buildinfo and entitlements)
  2. Clicked Update on the product if it appears (it may not if the project files aren’t currently in the VaultCache folder)
  3. Click Create Project from your product page to get the newest version of the product to generate a new project

Just tested the pack in 4.14 and everything appears to be working fine straight away. I will submit an update to the marketplace with the 4.14 project however, just in case (and Gumroad of course).

This is a great pack all around. Keep up the good work.

Hi Dr. Destruction!

This is a prototype VR stealth game I have been working on:

This was made with the Cubit Studios Ballistic FX pack. The pack is, in one word, phenomenal. The assets are incredibly high quality and easy to implement. The demo map is extremely funny, educational and fun! Adding Ballistic FX to an indie game project increases the potency by 6000%.
I have included a credit to Cubit studios & Ballistic FX on my first “Espire 1” video (above) and the website.

Thanks for sharing such a fantastic pack with the community!

Hey Michael, thanks a lot for the mention. That’s looking very promising indeed. Keep us updated :slight_smile:

This is a bit old :smiley: Is any chance to see how or what to migrate into existing project? :slight_smile:

Does this cover what you need to know?:

http://www.cubitstudios.com/BallisticsFX/BallisticsFX_1_1_Migration_Instructions.pdf

If not, let me know and I can elaborate. I’m aiming to get a small update submitted next week that fixes some bugs and also adds the ability to choose how far away to render decals before fading out. I’m currently revamping/improving some of the liquid particles for another update after the above (no direct ETA for that yet, but hopefully not too long)…
James

Hey man, awesome work!
The interaction between particles was already released? The video where the “lava drops” causes smoke and fire on the surface was wayyyy cool :slight_smile:

hi
One question. How can I use this pack for a short animation? We don’t have interactivity and only need some chaos in a war zone. How can I achieve it with out pack.
thanks

Hey Silvermehran,

The quickest method would possibly be to spawn the “cubituniprojectiles” inside sequencer itself. You could perhaps make a little custom event in a blueprint that spawns the projectile actor wherever you need it? You could probably also copy/paste most of the spawning code from the example first person blueprint if you also wanted to retain fire rate etc.

James

Thanks.
I’m really not a programmer and not really familiar with blueprint :))) I think sequencer is easier but can I randomly generate projectiles and expositions without too much hassle and advance blueprint work?