[CRITICAL] Proximity voice chat completely broken since update 40.20

I checked out your proximity chat system, and I’m seriously impressed. The way you’ve handled different zones in Verse is so clean, and the transitions feel instant and seamless. With the current UEFN proximity chat bug, that’s an incredible solution.

Would you be open to chatting about how you built it?

I’d love to learn more about your approach!

Thx

2 Likes

Thanks! Feel free to contact me if you’d like
I’d be happy to point you in the right direction.

1 Like

Hey, is there a way to contact you? i would like to ask some questions.

I send to you a private message here

@Hasmatix Franchement, pourquoi tu perds ton temps à demander conseil à des “développeurs” qui ont appris le code avant-hier sur TikTok ? Tu sais ce qu’ils font quand tu leur poses une question ? Ils ouvrent Claude ou ChatGPT en cachette, copient la réponse et te la revendent avec un air de génie incompris. Va directement à la source, ça t’évitera de subir leur ego surdimensionné en prime. Ton chat de proxi, tu l’auras aussi, sans le cinéma.

2 Likes

The issue is still here :frowning:

Hey! It is not fixed.. The issue is still happening.

I don’t know if this information is useful, but most of my players are on console, while the majority of the bug reports I receive are from PC and mobile players. Is it possible that the fix is only working properly on console?

One player told me proximity chat did not work on their phone, but it did work when they switched to console. Another PC player said it only worked 2 out of 10 times they tried.

This is honestly very disappointing. Creators, including myself, are currently working on Halloween updates while proximity chat is still unreliable.

Our hangout game relies heavily on proximity chat and has been live for almost 26 months. During roughly 15 of those months, we have experienced proximity chat issues, and for around 3 months it was completely broken and did not work for anyone.

It is extremely frustrating having to deal with this repeatedly. Voice chat keeps receiving new features, while the core functionality itself continues to have reliability issues.

1 Like

Hi all,

Apologies I was out all of last week.
I will follow up internally about this now

The team is already looking into the continued issues - apologies for the inconveniences