**CRITICAL** None of our islands can be played since the update!

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Matchmaking

Summary

We can’t access any of our islands after the update (and none of our players can either) - they all give matchmaking error #2

All were working fine before the update and never had 0 players. Now no-one can enter any of them and it’s killing them :frowning:

Steps to Reproduce

Try and play any of these islands:

Island Tycoon - 0642-9887-8602
Evil Tycoon - 9433-1343-1750
Farm Tycoon - 5024-4082-1856
Froffee Tycoon - 0443-6349-8738

Expected Result

To be able to matchmake into the game

Observed Result

Players get stuck on preparing and then eventually get Matchmaking Error #2

Platform(s)

All

Island Code

0642-9887-8602

I also sometimes get

@Flak - have you had any other reports of matchmaking issues like this? It’s not even an account issue because Froffee Tycoon is on a different account so I’ve no idea why it’s doing it.

FORT-730537 incident has been created. Status is ‘Needs Triage’.

1 Like

The status of FORT-730539 incident has been moved from ‘Unconfirmed’ to ‘Needs Triage’.

Just for further info in case it helps, I tried to launch a session in UEFN for these projects and just launching the session crashes UEFN totally.

2 Likes

We’re checking into this, Ty, thank you for the report.

2 Likes

We think we’ve found the issue actually (with thanks to a certain Jank of the Tom variety)

It’s because of the canvas for UI - we were doing it inside a block: which before this update worked perfectly fine but now needs to be inside a function

**edit - the block: method is actually within the UI example in the verse docs so that might need to be updated

2 Likes

Same issue here, instant crash on Building Verse (or starting UEFN session or a private version) on one of my maps

(My map is unlisted but I didn’t had the matchmaking error when trying to join it)

check you’re not setting your canvas outside of a function, that’s what was doing it for us

Well unfortunately I don’t, but the block: clue is a good one, the issue is that I’ve got around 50 construction block statements so I’m a bit sad

Jumping in to say I’m also hitting this error with two of my maps. Both of these maps don’t actually use Verse, only devices, so I’m not sure the if I would be hitting the block: issue.

5351-4384-6613
8198-0311-5575