CRITICAL - Live edit STILL deletes what you are building, randomly

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Live Edit

Summary

While building in Creative and setting a current folder in UEFN, even without structural integrity, Creative will decide randomly to delete most of the geometry placed recently. This set a dangerous precedent, making live edit impossible to use. This has been around for multiple updates now, more than 6 months in the game, when it should be treated as pri 1. I have lost hours of work and had to stop work to salvage as much as possible, then rebuild.

Steps to Reproduce

Make a current folder in UEFN and place things in LIve edit with building to prop ON.
After a while of building, Select actors under the folder (all descendants)
When the bug happens, you ll notice that this selection wont select everything.
This is the only sign that things are about to get deleted.

Expected Result

Nothing gets deleted randomly

Observed Result

Creative will stop showing some of the BP actors placed, then after a while they will be gone from UEFN too.

Platform(s)

PC

I am also seeing this a lot (v 31.00) but it does not seem to be related to current folder or recently placed geometry.

If I just have UEFN open with a connected fornite session in the background (not playing) it can suddenly delete various stuff in level. It seems to be stuff “around” where I am currently editing in UEFN. I have never had it happen without having a connected FN session in “edit mode”.

Perhaps the FN session gets confused about getting changes when it is running in the background and for some reason tells server stuff was deleted.

Yeah its always live edit doing it, and its always when its desynced for a while

We’ll get someone to take a look.

Thanks.
For anyone having this problem: I try to keep the menu (ESC key) open when my FN session is in edit mode and it is out of focus. It seems to avoid the problem. (Now I just need to fix the problem of me forgetting to open menu before I tap out of FN)

1 Like

Thats great info, thanks!