Creative Content Browser Feedback Thread

Creators can now opt into an updated version of the Creative Content Browser and begin testing it in Fortnite Ecosystem v31.00.

Please provide your feedback in this thread, so it gets directly to the developers. Thank you!

This new creative menu is a step in the right direction, but there are still many major issues with it (the following is about the new menu, the old one still has these issues, just has more of them).

1. The sorting a lot of the tabs is awful. Why does it sort by tags? I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page just to find dual pistols since they are missing the guard tag. Sorting by rarity was way better than this. There needs to be a rarity setting for sorting since the highest/legendary rarity for a weapons is usually the most used of that weapon. The items tab is alright, just some stuff needs to be moved around (like why is the armored wall and chiller trap not with the rest of the traps). Same thing with the devices tab, like why is the ATK and cannon spawners not with the rest of the vehicles. The prefab and gallery tabs are fine though.

2. The home menu is completely useless. It’s just more clutter. It only shows 5 from each tab, when we rarely ever get 5 prefabs, galleries, devices, or items., which is utter useless when stuff that is new is on the very top of every tab. I think the best way would be to add what tag each item has under the stats (sort of like what the chest does, but show the stats too) so it’ll be easy for someone to see that this item has been recently added.

3. Bugs. There are so many little bugs that just make the menu a drag to use. Icons (d-launcher has the wrong texture in the icon, radio and dance mannequin are just glitchy, Restored Reel’s icons are blurry), not being able to scroll down to see more info about something on console (ex: going over the damage amplifier powerup, I can’t see the tags, and I can’t scroll down to look at them), traps kick you out of the creative menu when equipped, and some item bugs persist to the creative menu (ex: missing descriptions, missing tags, wrong tags, some ammo are missing icons like for the grappler, wrong icons like the birthday present and the sneaky snowman, missing/wrong amount of rarity stars, wrong names like the old striker ar missing the legacy in its name, etc.)

4. The polish on the menu isn’t great. This new menu is a lot better, but there needs to be more done. Like the quick menu not being quick (putting you on the quick menu when you open the quick menu via the phone would be my solution), not showing how many items are in the chest tab when not on the chest tab, the how many days has it been from your last back up is missing, not showing what mods weapons that spawn with them have, the filters menu closing once changing the mode (you can still change the mode and you can now hover over the tags of whatever thing you’re on), the A to Z/Z to A sorting is very weird when multiple items have the same name (ex: the stink bow goes legendary, rare, then epic, while the primal pistol goes uncommon epic, rare, then legendary), and multiple other things that need some more polish.

1 Like

this is definitely a step in the right direction for the creative inventory but there is still a long way to go when it comes to ease of access. currently, the only sorting options for items is Default, A-Z, and Z-A. while these are nice to have, it can cause some visuals such as rarity mixing in the menu which can be overstimulating for some people or generally hard to see where some things are. adding rarity based sorts could improve cohesion and make the inventory easier on the eyes. currently, the only way to sort by the rarity you want is to manually select the tag which feels like unnecessary extra steps than being able to press a single button and consistently search for the rarity you want. take this screenshot from last season for example. the colors and weapons are all over the place and it’s very difficult to find what i’m looking for when everything feels all jumbled up.

This is great and the exact filter features I was looking for. The only other filter I’m waiting on for weapons, which would also be great for prefabs, is to sort by Chapter and Season. For example “CH4 S2” you can see all of the weapons or galleries released or from the chapter/ season. What we have now is “Invasion” or “Wilds” and those could stay, maybe even “CH2 S7 - Invasion” but I think this would be a very nice feature, especially for people who want to make a map with “OG” Weapons or a specific theme. It could clean it up a bit and make some items make more sense chronologically.