I am new to this forum and shading in UE4 in general.
I wanted to create a gem material in UE4 and I got a basic shader working by following the tutorial over here.
It is way off from what I want to achieve but atleast I have something. Here is the kind of effect that I am after.(Ref1 & Ref2)
I went further and made some changes to that shader in order to achieve the following:
- Make the gem glow from the its center and radiate outwards.Be able to control the emit factor for this glow.
- Be able to control the color of the interior details of the crytal independent of the glow color.
- Make it shiny.
Here are the issues with my material so far:
- The current emissive amount makes the entire crystal glow uniformly rather than appear to radiate from the center.
- Similarly, changing the color of interior details affects the glow of the entire crystal.
- The current crystal is more reflective than shiny.(I know that reflections are dependent on the lights in the scene but I am not looking for accuracy. Rather some fake reflections which give the illusion of shininess. Any alternate suggestions to achieve the same will be helpful.)
Any help will be appreciated.