Creating a Control Point That Counts Seconds While Inside of It

Hello. I’m currently trying to figure out how to make a zone in the middle of my map that players can stand inside and gain continuously gain points for every second spent inside of it. I’ve figured that I’ll probably need some kind of trigger volume, which I’ve already placed in the middle of the map and I think I’ve created a working score system, but I’ve still yet to find out how to go about creating this zone where players can continuously gain points.

(The game isn’t a team game, just a free-for-all, so everyone would have their own individual scores.)

Hello Sans_Gaming1232, thank you for posting.

One of the ways you can accomplish this is by creating an actor with a sphere collision. When the player collides with the collision you can call a function or interface event or you can set timer by function name. I did a roundabout way of it myself but there are shorter and easier implementations out there.

The timer BP.

The player BP.

The interface.

I hope this information assists you.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I’ve been trying to figure out how to go about this for days and it works perfectly! Thanks again for the help :>!

1 Like