CreateDragDropOperation from Class Reference not possible?

Hi there…

today I tried to make my Draggable Button more modular… so I wanted the DragDropOperation Class being an exposed variable and create the DragDropOperation (DDO) from that…

This is what the DDO Create looks like:

As you can see… I also added a function to get the actual class from variable… and Return that exact class type (BDC_DragDropOperation).
All my future DDOs will be child classes of BDC_DragDropOperation…

The ConstructDDO Class is this:

Now the interesting thing:
When I link the Return of that function to the class Input of the CreateDDO… The DragAndDrop functionality gets broken and is not working anymore…
I really need to hardcode the Class into the CreateDDO node (as on the first screen) to have a functional Drag & Drop…

Is this a Bug? A forgotten limitation that you are not allowed to use class references as Input for the CreateDDO node?

PS.: Interesting side fact… when I link the return to the CreateDDO… the Parameters (SourcePosition, SourceWidget, SourceOffset) of the CreateDDO are the same… so… the returned class gets registered correctly as a reference to a BDC_DragDropOperation Class…

Any advice on how to make that possible… would be welcome :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, just tried that and it does not work. Curious.

It’s not even about class extension, the moment you plug in anything, it stops working:

This is the default base DDO.

1 Like

I sure can make a workaround by using an Enum, a Switch and multiple CreateDDO Nodes… each with a Switch corresponding Class…
But… That’s a but frustrating to setup and not very/easy modular…

If I needed this kind of functionality, I’d start working around it, too.

Also, with custom DDO, it says it will return custom OP. It does not.

My gut feeling tells me this has always been bugged or working as intended and was never supposed to be used like this, nothing in between. This is really confusing.

1 Like

so you mean, When the CreateDDO returns the base DDO Class… one should cast to a specific Base class after the CreateDDO, to proceed with further adjustments?

You should not need to cast in the first place. It simply does not work for as long as anything is plugged in as Class. Sorry, no idea what’s up with this.

1 Like

The Bug Report Form crashes all the time… can’t create one…

Strange thing… No one recognized this :thinking:

I looked in the issues DB, couldn’t find anything. Google does not seem to know either. Chances are you’re the first person to ever run into this.

1 Like

I reported a Bug for this…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.