CrashOnAssert (3)


I dont understand the error. This is the second time this error occur. The first time it was after creating a class deriving from Actor. While i get not over this error i’ve recreate the project from scratch (the same way/code as before) and the error was gone. Now i’ve created a new class deriving from CameraComponent. I’ve tried to regenerate visual studio project files, removed the class and recreated it, clean recompile but nothing of this worked.

I assume it has something to do with the generated header, in visual studio it is underlined red and the mouseover-popup says “source cannot be opened”. But i have no idea how to fix it, please help.

#pragma once

#include "Camera/CameraComponent.h"
#include "RPGCameraComponent.generated.h"

UCLASS ( meta = (BlueprintSpawnableComponent) )
class RPG_API URPGCameraComponent : public UCameraComponent


	UPROPERTY ( EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = "CameraProperties" )
		float CameraPitch;

	UPROPERTY ( EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = "CameraProperties" )
		float CameraDistance;

	virtual void GetCameraView ( float DeltaTime, FMinimalViewInfo& DesiredView ) override;


Compiler output:

1>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: UE4, Konfiguration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
2>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: RPG, Konfiguration: Development_Editor x64 ------
2>  Creating makefile for RPGEditor (no existing makefile)
2>  Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
2>  Parsing headers for RPGEditor
2>    Running UnrealHeaderTool "C:\Users\Steffen\Documents\Unreal Projects\RPG\RPG.uproject" "C:\Users\Steffen\Documents\Unreal Projects\RPG\Intermediate\Build\Win64\RPGEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -rocket -installed
2>  C:/Users/Steffen/Documents/Unreal Projects/RPG/Source/RPG/RPGCameraComponent.h(11) : LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastError: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet. (0)
2>  C:/Users/Steffen/Documents/Unreal Projects/RPG/Source/RPG/RPGCameraComponent.h(11) : LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
2>  Assertion failed: FoundClass [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.10\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealHeaderTool\Private\HeaderParser.cpp] [Line: 4410]
2>Error : Failed to generate code for RPGEditor - error code: CrashOrAssert (3)
2>  UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'RPGEditor' (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\Steffen\Documents\Unreal Projects\RPG\Intermediate\Build\Win64\RPGEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: Der Befehl ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" RPGEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\Steffen\Documents\Unreal Projects\RPG\RPG.uproject" -rocket -waitmutex" wurde mit dem Code -1 beendet.
========== Erstellen: 1 erfolgreich, 1 fehlerhaft, 0 aktuell, 0 übersprungen ==========


Hi, after i’ve changed “UCLASS ( meta = (BlueprintSpawnableComponent) )” to “UCLASS(meta = (BlueprintSpawnableComponent))” [remove spaces] it compiles.