Crashes opening a 5.4 project

I finally got it working pefectly now. Here is what I did after already trying a bunch of other stuff -

I uninstalled a few programs like CPU-Z and Visual Studio, but then for some reason I had another issue. This time it wouldnt even let me start UE5.4 at all, and gave me a new error code - LS-0013:.
I’m not sure if this new error was related to uninstalling CPU-Z and Visual Studio etc but it was a strange coincidence if it wasn’t.
Anyway, I searched for a fix for this new error and found this - LS-0013: Game is unable to launch - Epic Games Store Support

I followed the first two steps from that guide(Verify the game files and clear the launcher webcache.) and I also verified my microsoft windows account, but I’m not sure that was necessary.
I could now FINALLY launch UE5.4 fully for the first time, after what seemed like a week of trying things!

But then after restarting my PC, I got the same LS-0013: error again. To fix this, I disabled Epic Games Launcher from being a ‘startup’ program when windows starts.

It has been working perfect for me ever since :slight_smile:
I’m hoping this might help others like me. I have a feeling that just following the first two steps of that guide, and disabling Epic Games Launcher from starting when Windows starts, will be enough to fix the problem.

Unreal became more and more unstable for me. Crashing, freezing my computer. Crashing or freezing on launch of my projects 5.4. Then i found this regarding Intel 14900k CPU. Followed the instructions and problem solved. If your computer has this CPU and your current limits are > 307A (mine were 500A) and your package power limits are > 253W (mine were 4000W!??) then likely your Unreal experience will be highly unstable.
https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/1axepvu/optimizing_stability_for_intel_13900k_and_14900k/#lightbox

That was one of the first fixes I tried, but it did not work for me. I could not even launch UE5.4 until I applied the fixes I mentioned above. I think the fix you refer to is needed for everyone who can already open UE5.4 but they suffer instability issues due to i9 13900/14900 motherboard settings that many motherboard companies had chosen as default. Definitely recommended to do this fix if you own one of these cpu’s.

Yep. New UE version 5.4.3 released. Shader compilers takes longer, but still not able even start engine to create project. Different error, same result. None of the suggested solution help. Also dont know who marked this topic as solved.

1 Like

Guys,I found out the solution to this problem,“delete all from directory C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine,reload your UE 5.4.3 project,and then everything work smoothly.this may caused by cache files and configs generated by older version of unreal engine.(5.3.2 5.2.1 etc.)

4 Likes

Thank you very much, this solution is working for me, even with HW Raytracing and Lumen HW raytracing, which was not working in previous version.

Tried again, problem solved, thanks!

Glad to help :grinning:

thanks! it worked!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.