Crashes as soon as it launches

I am a student learning 3D modeling and we need to use unreal engine for most of our assignments. Unfortunately, every time I open it, it crashes. When I open it, I get a message that says the installed version of NVIDIA graphics driver has known issues in D3D12, please install latest version. I’ve installed the latest version, but still get this message. Then Unreal Engine will open temporarily but I get another message that says GPU crashed or D3D Device removal. Then, the whole thing closes and I get a crash report. Could you let me know how i can fix this?

Try nvidia clear reinstall of drivers. Is your card recent ie. 9xx and newer? And does windows have DX12 (at least windows 10).

Hey there @emamb4! Welcome to the community! As Nawrot mentioned, this often stems from either your drivers needing to clean reinstalled, your Nvidia settings needing to be defaulted/refreshed, or if your GPU is too old to get newer drivers, you may need to downgrade a project to DX11 to be able to use it. We could definitely give a bit more context knowing your specs however!

Here’s a thread that has a variety of solutions including how to downgrade the project’s RHI if your hardware needs it, as well: