Crash with "Duplicated actor descriptor guid"

I just moved to 5.3.1 and I have a crash moving an actor from one folder to another when it starts doing a save. It says something about word partition, the absurd thing is that I don’t have any map with wordl partition.
I never complain about crashes but I found this one annoying.

did you find a solution for this?! happens when renaming a child actor and trying to save it. tried " fix redirects" but nothing works

fixed it by using reference viewer, and deleting the actor from all levels. after that renamed the blueprint and was able to save it successfully

oops, well I haven’t done anything yet, Lazzy mode on.
But you can save a few steps if you duplicate the actor and delete the old one, the delete window has a option on the left that has an option to replace, put the new actor, and when you delete, unreal it is responsible for changing all the references

1 Like

I met the same problem. Is there any better solution for this? Instead of mannully deleting reference and recreate them.

Depending on your beliefs you can pray that they fix it in another update or someone finds some magical actions. Remember to vote at the top left.

2 Likes

Same problem here. 5.3 has been by far the most unstable UE version ever released.

1 Like

This worked, thanks!

I’m having this bug too in 5.4 for Linux

I can imagine some hidden trash is kept on the project, but idk how to handle this properly