Crash Project built as shipping fatal error immediately

After a shipping built, project crashes immediately on launch.
First it started complaining of a shader: GlobalShaderCache-PCD3D_SM5.bin not being stored on C:…
I created cooked content, and copied that shader to that place. Then it ran, but it crashes immediately with a fatal error. See pic.

Howdy simmania,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I am going to need a bit more information before I begin looking into this issue. Would you be able to clarify which version of UE4 you are currently using when you are seeing this error? Is that version of UE4 a Binary or Source Build?

Would there be a simple setup using templates where I may be able to recreate this issue internally?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Sean,

So far it seems that any new project I create and build using the Shipping mode, crashes immediately.
I have not rebuild the source of unreal if that is what you mean by Source Build?
Just from editor->PackageSettings->Windows->32 bit (where build config was set to Shipping).
If looking at the fatal error, it seems to always appear in ALandscapeProxy.cpp around line 554
Version is of Unreal is 4.6.1

Have an outstanding day!

Hey simmania,

Would there be any logs available that you may attach to this post? Also, would you be able to attach your DXdiag so that I may be able to attach them to a crash report?

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Simmania,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if this error was still occurring for you. If so, would you be able to provide information asked for in the comment above.

Thanks!

Hi Sean,

I think i was not supposed to start the created executable from the ‘Binaries’ folder. Instead a seperate folder is created which also contains the same executable + all ‘required’ other data. Such as WindowsNoEditor folder. From there, it works fine.
I am still curious though what the use is of the files created in the binary folder then. They still always fail with the shown message.
However, no logs/.dmps are created for this fail.
Uploading DXDiag also fails as in general uploading data to this answer hub fails with strange upload errors. Ill try again later.

Have an incredible day!

Hey Simmania,

You would be correct that the correct executable would be in the WindowsNoEditor at not in the Binaries. This has been an issue in our Documentation which has been reported previously.

Thanks!

Howdy Simmania,

Just wanted to check in with you and see if the executable in the WindowsNoEditor folder is still working successfully for you.

Also, would you mind if I close out this issue for tracking purposes? If closed out, you will be able to reopen the issue later if you see the same error.

Thanks!

Hi Sean,

Other than that I have 2 other issues in ShippingBuild which are different than this one (compile fail and different player start position than non-shipping build), this topic can be closed.

Regards

Hey Simmania,

Glad to here that this issue has been resolved. If you do run across this error in a future build with the executable not working correctly, feel free to reopen this issue so that I may be able to further investigate.

Thanks and have a great day.

Well, I have figured that there is much more wrong with a build. But i post it in a new question.
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/174097/different-builds-completely-different-output-or-cr.html

I will be sure to assign this out to a team member today. It may be a bit of time until this is responded to because of the storm that has just hit our main Headquarters but it will be assigned out.

Thanks!