Crash: opening a project impossible Error:D3D12 RHI

Good morning, I created this forum because I have an error code that appears when I open a specific project, after contacting epic game support twice they did not find a solution, it’s This is the first time I’ve seen this error code. (I can open another project but it’s the one that interests me that I don’t open…) help me

Bonjour,

Si je créé ce forum c’est car j’ai un code erreur qui s’affiche l’orsque j’ouvre un projet précis, apres avoir contacter le support épic game à 2 reprise il n’ont pas trouver de solution, c’est la première que je vois ce code erreur la. (je peux ouvrir d’autre projet mais c’est celui qui m’intéresse que je ne pas ouvrir…) aidez moi

Hi Trixma, Welcome to the Forums.

What does the error code say?

1 Like

Here is the error code the problem comes from “D3D12RHI” however everything is up to date my graphics card also I don’t understand it’s only a project that makes me feel

Ah, the infamous GPU crash…

The only thing I can think of is to make sure there are no other applications that are trying to control your GPU (I’ve seen many issues with MSI Afterburner etc.)

Is this a Laptop or PC? What GPU is it?

Do you remember what sort of things you were doing/adding to the project when this started happening?

My GPU is an Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070, It’s a tower PC and no I don’t remember the last thing I placed, everything worked fine starting with the new season

Good morning, problem solved it was a corrupted file that D3D12 did not want to load. here’s how to fix the problem >document>FortniteProjects>{ta map}>content>{ta map} Delete a file then try to launch your project, if it still does not launch delete another one until your project launches !Before doing this! (created a copy of your map in order to do your testing.)

1 Like

Hi again,

Thank you for following up! Do you remember which type of file you ended up deleting to solve it?

Was it something in the ExternalActors or ExternalObjects folder? Or something that had been imported?