Crash on Play, Strange Compile Errors 4.16.1

I have been recently following a rather simple tutorial on an inventory system, which used a version of unreal engine from a few months ago. I have followed the tutorial flawlessly twice however have had to change a few “#include” statements to avoid errors. Originally the project compiled perfectly, in editor and VS but still crashed. The error below would occur in VS if I compiled only with VS but if I compile successfully with the Editor, VS will then compile fine but I still get the crash.

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: FirstProject, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
1>@rem Nothing to do.
2>Compiling game modules for hot reload
2>Performing 3 actions (4 in parallel)
2>FirstProject.cpp
2>[2/3] Link UE4Editor-FirstProject-9935.dll
2>[3/3] Link UE4Editor-FirstProject-4533.lib
2> Creating library C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FirstProject-9935.lib and object C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FirstProject-9935.exp
2> Creating library C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FirstProject-9935.suppressed.lib and object C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FirstProject-9935.suppressed.exp
2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FirstProject-4533.lib
2>Total build time: 11.67 seconds (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” FirstProjectEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users\Nathan\Documents\Unreal Projects\FirstProject\FirstProject.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
2>Done building project “FirstProject.vcxproj” – FAILED.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

This is the tutorial I have been following, my editor crashes when the youtuber is able to play the project.

link text