Crash bug in SceneOutliner

We have a periodic crash occuring on line 62 in SSceneOutliner.cpp:

return InActor->GetLevel() == InActor->GetWorld()->GetCurrentLevel();

There are cases when InActor->GetWorld() is null. We’ve been using the following workaround with success:

if (InActor->GetWorld() == nullptr)
{
   return false;
}
return InActor->GetLevel() == InActor->GetWorld()->GetCurrentLevel();

I noted the same crash behavior. I think that’s because at some moments in editor(or in game) GetWorld() returns null (eg when changing map, or closing app), so I don’t think that’s actually a bug

Hello,

• Could you please provide the logs from your project’s Saved->Logs folder?
  • If you are getting a Crash Reporter window, could you provide your Machine ID and ensure that you hit Send?
  • What steps can we take to reproduce this issue on our end?

Thank you.

The crash happens during streaming level unloading and loading. The last entries from the log file are of the form:

[2016.02.02-17.54.48:330][271]LogWorld: PIE: Copying PIE streaming level from /Game/Levels/Chapter2Lighting.Chapter2Lighting to /Game/Levels/UEDPIE_0_Chapter2Lighting.Chapter2Lighting. OwningWorld: /Game/Levels/UEDPIE_0_DenaliMaster.DenaliMaster

If we see the issue again I’ll save a minidump and attach.

link text

Thank you for providing the logs.

If you have steps that we can follow to reproduce this issue in a clean project, please provide them as well. Otherwise, please post the callstack here as soon as you can.

Hello,

I am marking this topic as resolved for tracking purposes, as we have not heard from you in a few days. If this issue persists, feel free to respond to this thread. For any new issues, please create a new Answerhub topic.

Have a great day