CPU particles jump when frozen after collision

Hi. Wondering if someone can help.

I am using CPU particles that collide with the world and then freeze. As you can see in [this video][1] the particles collide properly but at the point of freezing, their location changes slightly. This happens on the max collision even if they don’t freeze (halt collisions only). I’ve tried various tweaks to do with size, rotation, physics, but nothing seems to help.

GPU particles don’t seem to have this problem, but the reason I’m using C PU particles is because I need them to be masked/opaque to work properly with my PP blendable. As far as I know GPU particles cannot be masked or opaque, so using GPU particles is not an option.

Here is the collision module set-up:

Any ideas how to make the particles keep the same position when they freeze?

I think this was something to do with the sprite particles not having a collision body or mass, or something similar. I made a mesh particle that had no collision mesh and the same thing happened, but when I added a collision mesh, the particles do not jitter upon freezing. My solution was to use a mixture of mesh particles with collision and sprite particles without any collision.

So, I don’t really know how to make sprite particles not jump when they freeze after colliding, but it seems it can be avoided by using mesh particles with a collision mesh instead.