Course: Your First Hour in Unreal Engine 5.2

In this course from Epic Online Learning, we cover the high-level basics of Unreal Engine 5.2. Learn to create new projects using project templates and add custom or premade assets with the Content Browser. Easily add Actors to levels and modify their properties with the Details panel; gain control of environmental lighting and effects with Lighting Actors; and create Blueprint Actors and use the Blueprint Editor to control them. Finally, learn how to package your projects for playtesting and sharing.

https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/courses/3ke/your-first-hour-in-unreal-engine-5-2

11 Likes

Much appreciated, thanks!

3 Likes

Wow the famous UE4 Youtuber, Matthew Wadstein. Can’t wait to see more tutorials from him with Epic!

4 Likes

This is amazing for the ones (like me) who want to get a smooth entrance into UE. One of the critical parts that you mentioned during the chapter on lighting is that there are several ways of getting what we are looking for, so most probably, there is an existing feature that UE already has. So, before starting to do that thing manually, first, take a look at the documentation. That’s the tricky part for me. Being a non-English speaker native, sometimes it’s challenging to get the word that the UE team used for naming things. So, we have to spend time looking for the right word. Some things are simple as Shaf, but others that we may refer to using different terms. I was trying to say that following a tutorial may give you the basics of doing things. Still, it would be best to understand the logic behind the system/tool to master it and get the full potential using your creativity.

5 Likes

Launcher says it’s “unavailable”. I have only UE 5.2.

5 Likes

I also am unable to download it. I ever versions going from 5.2 to 4.25.

2 Likes

It was updated to 5.2.

3 Likes

thank you mathew wadstein!
appreciate for making this tutorials, more stuff i learn and i did not know about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the section “Working with Additional Assets”, I can not complete the importing audio step since my “OnlineLearningKit” does not have that file. Anyone has the same issue?

4 Likes

Hey FarukC,

The module for working with additional assets shows how you can use your own assets with Unreal Engine 5. The files shown are some sample files that we chose to show how these types of assets can be imported and what you might see when you import them.

You can use any of your own assets to follow along if you would like, otherwise, you can watch the video and see how you would import when you need it.

If you do need some assets, there are some sample ones included with the project in a .zip file in the Content directory. I have attached a screenshot showing the folder where the file is (mine is in my Projects folder) as well as the name (RawAssets.zip). You can extract these to another location on your computer and use them if you would like to follow along with when watching the module.

-Matt, Epic Online Learning

5 Likes

This is the first tutorial I’ve done for Unreal, and this was the probably the best one to learn from. You explained everything quick with a simple explanation. Thank you.

2 Likes

i have been learning unity for the past 2 months, with latest issues i crossed over to unreal… mate, this tutorial gave me over 30hrs of unity in one :))) im very happy that i decided to try unreal and the experience so far is beyond what i was hoping in terms of ease of use as a complete beginner, that of course with your help. THANK YOU FOR THE 1ST HOUR! :smiley:

1 Like

I am using 5.2, and when you click Content Drawer - Dock in Layout, it does not dock. It brings up a floating window of the Content Drawer. Windows 11.

2 Likes

Okay, I changed my desktop resolution, and now the Content Drawer docks correctly.

1 Like

when will this course be updated to 5.3 its the only one i have

2 Likes

I can’t access the video and the console says it’s blocked by the cors policy…

2 Likes

переод не работает , без перевода этот материал нельзя использовать

1 Like

Where is the online test for this course? Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you find a solution to this? Having the same issue on my phone and computer.

1 Like

I am not able to see the tutorial video, just a black screen instead. In the console, the error is related to Electra Player (Electra Player Error – Failed to fetch). Snapshot attached. Please let me know how to resolve this.

1 Like