Course: Your First Hour in Unreal Engine 5.2

For people not using US layout keyboard: You can modify the keys for opening the console of built game inside Project Settings!

1 Like

I canā€™t view the video that is embedded in each chapter. When refresh, i can see it is there for like one secondā€¦ then it becomes the black gradient, same as @lalitjam posted above. Has anyone found the fix for this? Please help :smiley:

1 Like

I canā€™t check out the Online Learning Kit.
The error says, ā€œSorry, an error occurred and we are unable to resolve itā€.

3 Likes

I canā€™t download the online learning kit. I wanted to start learning unreal, but it just keeps saying an unknown error has occurred.

2 Likes

I canā€™t remember what I tried last time. But this time it failed on the website, but worked when I used marketplace in the EG Launcher.

1 Like

Hi,
Try downloading it from the Epic Games Launcher app, instead of the website.

1 Like

As of this post, unable to package a build with Unreal 5.3.2 with Mac OS on Sonoma with Xcode 15. Tried packaging this tutorial and an OOTB project neither worked.

1 Like

As others have said - there are no videos available on this course. I assume they used to be visible, but now thereā€™s nothing but a description. This appears to be useless now - can someone please fix this?

1 Like

Hi @MathewW, in ā€œWorking with Additional Assetsā€ at 03:49, how did you open the other project on the screen? I am a beginner to UE so I donā€™t know about this shortcut. Thanks and regards!

1 Like

If you encounter the problem that videos cannot be played like me, you can try changing the browser. I can play normally after switching from Chrome browser to Edge browser. And I found this problem was caused by CORS policy disabled. An alternative solution is you can install a ā€œAllow CORS: Access-Control-Allow-Originā€ plugin to allow CORS policy.

This site is so difficult to navigate, I used the learning academy and completed like 10 courses I was so proud of including this one. Now it seems completely different. On top of that my account is no longer keeping track of my previous course completion and I canā€™t go back and review it. Almost as though Iā€™m forced to relearn or rewatch everything and need to make new points of reference to the learning materialā€¦ this is awful.

Thx for providing this excellent learning resource! I enjoy it very much! : )

Loved this course, perfect starting point if you just downloaded Unreal

Loved this course, defenetly a perfect start if you want to learn Unreal.

This is perfect. I was getting way too deep into the weeds on Udemy tutorials, and this one cuts right to the chase without any personal ego journeys. Great for my autistic mind. THANK YOU!