Course: Electric Dreams Environment: Unpacked

In this course from Epic Online Learning, we unpack the Electric Dreams Environment! Get an up-close look at how Procedural Content Generation, or PCG, works in this beautiful environment, and then learn how to utilize these same tools to quickly develop complex environments of your own.

https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/courses/x3L/unreal-engine-electric-dreams-environment-unpacked

4 Likes

This is a HUGE gift to the community and any world builder should be jumping for joy at all the free learning to unpack inside this project. Thank you so much, cannot wait to share my worlds with you all based on these graphs and BPs :raised_hands:

4 Likes

This looks awesome… but where is the actual course video link?

1 Like

This for me is the BEST EVER. We now have the project AND the extremely good course and by Setting from Screen Quality from 360p to 1080 HD.

The best part is “Building your OWN Environment” where with the sample loaded in 5.2 you can follow and complete the Lesson at your own pace.

2 Likes

It’s a great project, but as a newbie, I really want to know how can I replace my own assets in such a complex project

Since I plan to extract foliage from this pack for a ‘low poly’ project I would really appreciate an option to download perhaps a 70 percent reduced file size (2K textures instead of 4K or 8K) edition.

This looks great and I am looking forward to work with the biome once the download of 57GB has commenced.

Hello! Amazing Project!! Incredible! Question: is it possible to import media plates in it? I tried proofed methods but somehow it would not import my footage into the image media plate(using exr) any help highly welcome!

Hi @Crudeproductions
In the 5.2 documentation its says

Optimized streaming for tiled EXR image sequences with the built-in Sphere and Plane meshes. Requires DX12 or higher

The Media Plate Actor in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

The settings are for Electric Dreams in mine are DX11 as I dont have an RTX card. Though it may be a bug thats not listed.

In later version 5.4-developer-binary Luoshuang’s GPULightmass 5.4

The whole project is converted into Visual Studio 2022 code and I cannot see any errors in the project, which suggest that DX12 in 5.2 is problem, after all 5.2.1 binary can even correctly display Shadows in Lumen Lighting :rofl::joy::yawning_face:

1 Like

Thanks ALOT! MEDIA PLATE ACTORS Does anyone out there know if media except exr can be imported with alpha channel?
Like pro res 4444? Much appreciate a hint!!!

hi @Crudeproductions possibly in

Using The Image Plate Component | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

Convert media into the EXR format with the Process EXR tool in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

1 Like

THANK YOU!

Simply mind blowing. It’s a revolution, Johny! :open_mouth:

1 Like

great, but if i want to transfer blueprints to my own project, all assets from megascans have black material… can it be repaired somehow?

1 Like

Hello! Thank you! I tried that as well…Unfortunately with no other result…

If you scroll all the way up and look really carefully you can find a drop down arrow that has the 6 part course. Took me a minute to find but its there.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Mathew, as always, is very powerful and easy to understand.

1 Like