Couldnt fix how to change my Blueprint from FirstPerson to 3rd person

Hello tried this again but couldnt make it work so I am giving more details.
I tried changing the first person camera to the 3rd person character mesh, I input the mouse buttons I entered the variables but still couldnt get it to work. What am I missing? It works great in first person game mode. This is what I want but for 3rd person mode: Push and Pull force - #7 by Everynone

Your PushPull function in the first picture does not have a execution pin connection on the entry node

The blueprint is working properly mate, there is no need to change anything in the picture. My problem is I cant for the life of me use this blueprint on a third person character. That’s what I am asking, I have to change something but I dont know what. Thanks for the reply.

I am going to say this as respectfully as possible: Why ask for help if you are convinced that the answer you get is wrong? The first picture clearly will not do anything. If you have changed something in this picture you should send an updated version of the PushPull function so that we can properly troubleshoot. Your current photo of the PushPull function shows me that its 100% not going to do anything at all.

No mate I didn’t mean to offend, you were absolutely right. I connected the execute pin to the line trace and it added impulse. I was more focused to the question I wanted answered that my mind bypassed your suggestion even though it was correct. Sorry about that.
The question that has me scratching my head is that this blueprint that works in fps mode doesnt work in 3rd person mode.

No worries, now that we know that isn’t the issue I would debug your trace. Are you getting a hit? The object types you are tracing for, are we sure those are correct and present in the project? Is the object you are attempting to hit simulating hit and also blocking the correct channels?

I will check and get back to you. A question. Could I instead of making the blueprint work for 3rd person mode, change the viewport mesh? What I have now is just the camera and arms. Could I add the body and have it work without changing the blueprint?
I had tried watching tutorials in youtube to do this but I am not sure what would work for my case.

Yes the only functional differences is that the third person bp camera is setup on a spring arm that follows control rotation. Changing the skeletal mesh should work easily for you. You will need to do some changes to the camera and add a springarm as the root of the camera to get the normal 3rd person perspective/camera control. Ensure when you change the skeletal mesh that your collision channels are as intended comparative to what you need. You may also need to do some work on the movement input but I’m not certain on that.

1 Like