Couldn't find file for package /Script/Engine requested by async loading code

【1】I have recognized that it’s too complex to use ue4 to generate a dedicated server. So I choose to program a dedicated server written in C++ by myself. The communication between server and client is essentially socket communication. So it’s not difficult for me. If you want to make things simpler, you can use KBEngine. It’s a open source server engine and it supports ue4.
【2】If you really still want to use ue4 to generate a dedicated server. I think maybe you can wait for 4.17 for further versions. I’m sorry I really don’t know how to solve it.

Yes, it doesn’t seem to be a big problem but I’m not sure. “/Script/Engine” looks like a path in .pak file(I’m really new to ue4). I don’t know whether it will cause crash or something else. Maybe you are right, but I am not able to test excluding “Engine” in Build.cs.

Maybe all of us choose the “inclusive” in Blueprint Nativization Method or check the “Encrypt…” in Packaging?

when I launch my dedicated server

[2017.07.28-16.38.50:464][  0]LogAndroidPermission: UAndroidPermissionCallbackProxy::GetInstance
[2017.07.28-16.38.50:478][  0]LogEngine: Initializing Engine...
[2017.07.28-16.38.50:478][  0]LogStreaming:Error: Couldn't find file for package /Script/Engine requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/Engine

(but the server seems to be working correctly.) Is there any solution to do with it?

Same here would love for a solution. :confused:

Have you found a solution?

Bump. This happens for me on dedicated server (with a custom plugin). It doesn’t seem to be a big deal, but the red text in my log display is very upsetting. Maybe it has something to do with the new IWYU system? Like maybe instead of including “Engine” in the Build.cs dependency list, we’re supposed to be more specific.

Hi,

I have the same problem here, but I’m not trying to launch a dedicated server. I’m not even writing in C++… Everything works fine when I hit play but get this error when launching or packaging…

I’m just building my project with 4.17 now. If anyone hasn’t up-voted the question, make sure you do. It can only help.

I don’t see the error anymore. Hope the rest of 4.17 is OK. It didn’t seem like they took long enough before releasing it so I’m a bit worried.

Oh wow. For all of us, I think, it was just annoying. It’s actually failing for you? It could be that the this async error is a red herring and your issue is something different. Either that or… Did you do all of the IWYU changes properly? I still think this was an artifact of that transition. Maybe you should post a separate question and give us a link to it.

Okay, moved my issue to a new thread:

in the same boat here. changing the nativization settings did not help. Haven’t tried “encrypt”, don’t see that would help.

cloned to a new project, no help.

going to try 4.17, see what happens.

Yeah mine got fixed as well when I went back to a previous version of the level and redid the changes. Probably had something to do with volumetric fog or some LOD settings I guess

So…maybe we can draw a conclusion that it just a BUG and it only exists in 4.16?

4.17 did not fix this here. Currently back in 4.16.3.

This is the only thing holding back the game, it’s done otherwise - just can’t get it to work outside the editor.

Tried turning off async, Blueprints Inclusive, Exlusive, Disabled.

“LogPlayLevel: UE4Game: [2017.08.15-21.36.07:367][ 0]LogStreaming:Error: Couldn’t find file for package /Script/Engine requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/Engine”

I have the same problem here with packaging, any solution?

No, I haven’t got solution. This problem needs up-votes…

I updated to 4.17 and it works…no clue of what’s the origin of this problem

I think I figured this out.

I added to my DefaultEngine.ini:

[Core.Log]
LogStreaming = Verbose
LogConfig=Verbose
LogProperty=Verbose

Then, right before I get that message, I see that I am trying to load a property from a config file that points to a class that doesn’t exist. I fixed that, and the problem went away.

It seemed that the non-existent class put the config loader into an invalid state, which caused the SUBSEQUENT CDO loaded to be filled out with an invalid property, which obviously can cause all sorts of crashes.

UDN if you have access: https://udn.unrealengine.com/questions/394907/non-existent-class-in-config-causes-subsequent-cdo.html