Copyright Infringement

We are aware. Someday somebody will slap him hard for copyrights infringement.

And google says he loves sonic.

Listen up to me do company told that making Rayman 4 was illegal to them it’s the same situation with Arkane Studio making Half-Life 2:Episode 4?

Your English is not making any sense

where are you getting that information?, I just did some googling and it looks like was making rayman 4 for and decided to cancel the project.

I love Sonic,Conker,Crash Bandicoot,Half-Life,Ratchet and Clank,Quest 64,EarthBound,Cave Story,Metroid,Mario,Kid Icarus,GunStar Heroes,Streets of Rage and Sly Cooper…etc.

I’m not quite sure what your last post has to do with the original topic. Anyhow, from what I can ascertain, you want to remake a game? There’s so many problems that can arise from doing so. Yes, you could contact the copyright owner and try to receive permission. It is very unlikely that they would grant it, though.

Similarly, contacting someone from the original team, such as Cliff Bleszinski, is undoubtedly not going to work either. They likely aren’t the rights holder. Perhaps they might know who is, and could put you in touch with them, though. again, unless you have the funds, it won’t really help.

Ultimately, the concept of the original game is rather basic. I don’t see why you’d need to bother remaking it. Come up with an original idea of your own, based upon it / influenced by it, instead. This’ll be far better and you won’t run into legality issues - assuming you keep it unique enough.

Best of luck!

So Open Source Edition and 2+ aren’t games with copyrights infridgement influence.Tell me is it inapropriate behavior to ask Dean Dodrill for sort of new storyline and brand new characters not for Blues The Cat,but another Spiritual Successor?My phone card is out of 0 PLN debt.I don’t want to make cousin video game alone I’d like to consult it with Humble Hearts company.Shall I?Please?

Get a lawyer. Talk to them and look at your options. Your lawyer can contact the lawyers at the company who owns the current copyrights and you can ask if they’d be interested in negotiating a licensing agreement. Beware, they might say “no” and you have to live with that / respect that.

Let’s say you don’t do any of this. And you ignore the law. Whether you’re in America or some other country, doesn’t matter. You work really hard to make a game which blatantly infringes on copyright and IP, and you release to the public (even to 1 friend). The legal team of the copyright owner will find you and they will sue you and you will get shut down. Chances are really good that you’ll have to pay much more money in fines than what your game earns. ie, you make $100,000 but the court fines you $500,000 and you pay legal fees on top of that. That is a very bad day for you. Be smart, avoid trouble, fines and jail, talk to a lawyer.

Even better, come up with your own original IP.

It’s inappropriate.

Ugh just no, just nooo. Unless you want to be sued by those modelers, companies, etc…

The open source port is only the engine, and 2+ is a modification to the original. In both cases, players still need the original game for it to work, therefore it does not violate copywrite.

You can try contacting them, but they won’t reply. They have their own games to work on, so they’re unlikely to want to work on someone else’s game idea.

As others have suggested, why don’t you take the time to learn UE4 and make your own game? It takes months/years of practice to get good, but it’s the only way unless you have money and you can pay others to make it for you.

Maybe I’ll try UE4 2D Platform Mode if all unreal engine 4 assets if only it’s compatible(to extract all unreal engine 4 assets like model,animations,scripts and maps/objects) somehow with blender.Thanks for a advice.I’ll keep it on mind.I heard a rumour Dean Dodrill the artist and animator back in year of 1998 could be intersted on new (copyrights infridgement) or at least spiritual successor.Well each game developing company have they own video games to make.So why you Epic Games won’t re-release of your all games on GOG.com.I think copyrights infridgement.You don’t have to wait from 70 years to 100 years to just re-release series og GOG.com platform like Steam.

What do you mean by extracting all UE4’s assets?

And yes… Blender works with UE4 just fine.

I meant convertion.Thanks for a tip.

It looks to me like you are looking for trouble with all of these posts you have made. The creators of ARE NOT obligated to give you anything, and it is their IP. Infringing upon their IP could cost you big.

he made a few of these threads already, but i supposed that the mods wich write here have the situation under fair eyes. :3 And yes he is very inappropriate with these threads.

Shall we just block this thread?I don’t want troubles.I told you this already.

Nah never told having Bratt as jack jazzabit, before taking post in forum.

Very funny.

I’m afraid I don’t know enough about either of these titles to comment on them. I’d assume they’re entirely legal. If they weren’t, they’d have run into a large amount of problems and no longer exist.

To be honest, it is inappropriate. I wouldn’t recommend it. I understand that these are people you respect, look up to, and are a fan of, because they created a video game you clearly care for, but that is something you shouldn’t do.

Again, don’t reach out to a company or developer asking them to make your game. There’s many who attempt this. They all fail. Publishers and developers already have a large resource of creative people, who they pay to come up with new ideas. If you want to develop a game, do it. Just don’t expect someone to make it for you. Unless, of course, you pay the money to pay for their services. Otherwise, start small, plan your game, learn the development process, and finally, turn your dream into a reality. There’s many people on these forums who are doing it - with fantastic results, I might add.

You can certainly use Blender with Unreal Engine. It’s free and is a fantastic starting point, allowing you to begin learning how to model 3D assets. I’m not entirely sure why you’d like to export all of the Unreal Engine 4 assets, though. I don’t think you’ll need to do that.

I wouldn’t believe rumours, to be honest. I’ve worked as a video game journalist for sometime now. Things are often taken out of context, or made a bigger deal of, than they originally were. That’s how hype works. again, who knows? Lots of long-dead video game franchises have popped back up recently. Who is to say what’s next?

I’m sure there’s many reasons as to why they haven’t been re-released. The first that comes to mind, is possibly, a lack of demand. If the effort it takes to re-release them outweighs the pay-off (on a monetary basis), they’d be less inclined to bother. again, there might be some form of legal issues stopping them from doing so. It’s rather hard to comment. The company who owns the intellectual property has their reasons, I’m sure.

We’re a pretty friendly community. There’s no trouble. I think most people - including myself - are simply sharing advice. As I’ve previously recommended, I’d suggest working on something “based” or “inspired” on the game, rather than attempting to remake it. Because, quite honestly, it is very unlikely that you will succeed in that attempt. Whereas you are far more likely to succeed if you choose to put your motivation into action and develop a unique game of your own.