I am a bit stumped. I am trying to cook our project and I am receiving numerous warning messages about assets missing in the project. However, those assets have been deleted or moved (and the redirectors were fixed). I have searched through various and wikis for solutions but am unable to find a resolution that works.
Here is an example of just one of the many warnings I receive:
LogLinker:Warning: Can’t find file for asset ‘/Game/Placeholders/Textures/Log_C’ while loading NULL.
MainFrameActions: Cooking (Windows): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.08.31-22.31.12:937][ 0]LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load ‘/Game/Placeholders/Textures/Log_C’: Can’t find file for asset ‘/Game/Placeholders/Textures/Log_C’ while loading NULL.
I am really at a loss as to why these errors are appearing. We have checked Perforce and our projects and everything seems to be in synch.
Does anybody perhaps know how to fix these?
Hi there, anybody know how to resolve these warning messages by changes?
Please try the following:
- Right-Click on the Content folder in the Content Browser and select “fix up redirectors in folder”
- Save project and close
- Make a back up of your Intermediate, Saved, and Config folders, then delete them from your Project Folder.
- Re-open project so that the previously deleted folders are rebuilt. You will need to re-enter your Project and Editor settings
- Package the game to a folder on your desktop
If packaging fails, please provide the following:
- The output log
- The debugging logs from the package folder if present
- What platform you are packaging for
- A screenshot of your packaging settings
Hi , thanks for your response. Your advice hasn’t worked and I am still getting the same errors. We use Perforce for our versioning, not sure if this has any impact on what we are doing. But Lord, this is annoying!!
Can you please tell me where to find the log you are referencing and I will send it across?
You can create another blank project and migrate only your map to the new project, on this way Unreal only copy the asset are in use, this is the way to filter all warnings or errors.
Please provide the following logs:
- “ProjectName.log” Located: ProjectName\Saved\Logs\
- “UE4.log” Located: Engine\Saved\Logs
- Output Log: Clear your Ouput Log, package your project, then Cut and Paste from the newly generated Output Log into a text document and post
Please provide the following logs (Hidden folders: Go> Go To Folder> ~/Libraries/etc…)
- The UE4.log (Located: ~/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/Editor/)
- The ProjectName.log (Located: ~/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/ProjectNameEditor/)
- Output Log:: Clear your Ouput Log, package your project, then Cut and Paste from the newly generated Output Log into a text document and post
Since we have not heard back from you in a few days, we are marking this post “resolved” for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing a problem cooking your project, try the troubleshooting step Drigo Network has suggested, and/or provide the logs from the directories listed in my last response and we will continue to investigate.
Hi , thanks. We have figured out the problem. Assets were deleted incorrectly and this cause the issue. We have now fixed it. Thanks for your help.